Thread: Problem with dissolve and backdrop image

Problem with dissolve and backdrop image

Ive got a bit of a problem. Ive used a backdrop for an animation I am doing. I have an object that I want to dissolve to 0% over time but when I get down to around 1-2% it still has not dissolved correctly. I can take the backdrop out and it will work fine.

The reason I dont use a flat plane for the backdrop is that I have fog in the scene and it looks so much better with the backdrop. I have also tried to render with an alpha to composite the sky in after but I get hard edges on the horizon.

can anyone help with this problem???

Thanks

Gary
    Attached Images Attached Images

Set Use Backdrop Color

I see the same problem unless I set the "Use Backdrop Color" on the fog panel.

mTp

Fog good, dissolve bad!

The use backdrop color was used, that is why the right hand side fog looks so good, but the real problem is that the type at the bottom wont dissolve corectly. The left hand side is a single sided poly with the image mapped on, but I get a hard edge there.

Gary

You might get a smoother disolve if you also use the transparency channel
    Silk
    Silkrooster.com - temporarily offline due to updating...
    Spinquad Forum - Closed Sorry...
    lightwave-resources.pdf - - temporarily offline due to updating...

Hellllppppp!

Transparency doesnt do a thing!!

Take a look at this crazy thing. I put in a different backdrop and this is what happened. It looks like the backdrop and the LW objects have some sort of crazy additive nature to them.

This should be a straight forward thing...Using a backdrop and fading things in and out should not be new to 3-D.

anyone out there....HELP

Gary
    Attached Images Attached Images

Its the fog

Just found out its the fog thats messing things up. Still have the same problem though. Does any one know how I can keep the fog but lose the crazy interaction of the fog, backdrop and LW objects??????????

Gary

Just Solved It

Just solved my own problem, SO FYI, if your using a backdrop with fog and use check the USE BACKDROP COLOR box, you need to make sure that you have the MIN AMOUNT and the MAX AMOUNT to 0 and 100%, I had them at 5% and 95%.

NEWTEK PLEASE NOTE THAT SOMETHING AS STUPID AS THIS DETAIL SHOULD BE IN THE MANUAL, IT TOOK ME 2 DAYS TO TRY AND FIGURE THIS OUT.

Gary