Thread: How to deal with seams?

Newbie Member

Unhappy How to deal with seams?

I'm making a model of a head, and I was messing around with the eyelid trying to get it to conform to the eye's shape more naturally. I did a little moving and welding but now I have an ugly seam.

I can't seem to find the cause of it, and I don't know what to do. Any tips?

Just looks like two point polygons (aka polylines). Use statistics panel to select them for deletion.

Newbie Member
    Excellent. Thank you.

I never used Statistics before. Now I realize how useful it is.

Newbie Member
    It also says I have 1041 non-planar polygons. Is that a problem? Because the model seems fine...

Non-planars have the potential of not displaying correctly in renders and in openGL if they go to the extreme. But unless you're seeing any issues, then don't bother fixing them. Ideally polygons should remain flat, but it's next to impossible unless you only model with primitives or model with triangles only (which can't go non-planar for obvious reasons). As such they are very common, especially in organic meshes. Subpatches can't go non-planar for the simple fact that they are made up of tiny triangles.