Thread: LightWave Customer Survey

Exclamation LightWave Customer Survey

Today I received an email request from NewTek to participate in a customer survey for LightWave users. This is the second one I've done in about 9 months or so. Questions range from the basic stuff like 'which apps do you own?' to detailed like 'what features do you want improved?' to the 'new 64-bit LW'.

So if anyone has been following and/or inputting into Giger's Feature Request Poll, posting your wants/gripes on NewTek's or CGTalk's forum, or emailing NT Support for a fix or feature request, AND have received or do get the email from NT then please fill it out. This is the time to be heard and get counted in future updates.

Note: if you do not get an email then don't freak out. I think NT sends these out randomly or to "qualified" (i.e. registered) users.

I think the $1000000 question on the survey is "Do you want to see Modeler and Layout intergrated? Yes, No". Too bad there wasn't an additional comments section for that. I (you're going to shoot me) had to choose "no". I wanted to clarify my answer of 'no' but there wasn't an option to do so. Oh well.
    Humans are pretty much monkeys with car keys.

Signal to Noise,

In case you have not seen Chuck's response to the same thread you started on CGTalk, I am reposting it here.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Baker
    Apologies, I think there is something of a misunderstanding in progress. Discussing your requests for the future of LightWave is fine and good, and much appreciated in fact. However, there is good reason for us to request that this not be based around the details of a survey in progress - it is not silly of us at all. Discussion of the details of an open survey and how to respond to specific survey questions among a sufficient number of the participants in that survey would destroy the validity of the sample base and invalidate the survey. We don't want the details of the survey being discussed in public for that reason.

We'd like not to have to throw away our data and start over with a new sample. We need to drive development forward as rapidly as we can and we want to do that based on good solid research, including random-sample surveys of the user base. We'll be launching other surveys, many of which will go more in depth into a particular topic than does the current, very general one, so you may rest assured that on issues such as "integration vs separation", plans will not rest on one simple question from the general survey.

In future survey invitation messages, we'll be sure to include a comment about the need to refrain from public discussion of a survey until that survey closes. In the meantime, please help us out by refraining from further discussion of the details of this survey until it is closed out.

Thanks!

Chuck
    Kurtis Harris - NewTek 3D Marketing

All statements to the effect of this parrot is still a going concern are from now on inoperative. This is an ex-parrot.