Thread: Lightwave - Strange Bug

Lightwave - Strange Bug

My Lightwave was running perfectly but all of a sudden it doesn't let me open the menu File>Open>Object - >Object Layer as well as other options for that menu. All it lets me do is: Open>File>Scene. Can anyone help, please? Don't know what to do. By the way I just wanted to know something else: if I uninstall the program (for installing it later), are all folders kept or erased? Should I backup? Thanks in advance.

Folders of your stuff shouldn't get erased during an uninstall, but I would back up the files anyway. As far as why it won't let you open the load objects requester window, no real clue.

Maybe check for viruses on your machine? Viruses can make programs behave eratically.

Maybe a plugin or LW program file is corrupt.

Thanks for taking time to respond.....No, I don't think there's a virus here. It must be a plug-in, though. Still don't understand. Untill recently everything was working real fine....The only one 3rd party plug-in here is FPrime....

Just sounds like your menu config is messed up. backup your configs and then reload the default menu. If the acuall load object doesn't work then I'd backup and reinstall.

Thanks for the tips, Castius. In fact, I was just wondering if....it all has started right after openning 3DS objects with Lightwave. Anyway, I cannot reinstall right now due to some projects and deadlines - guess I've got to finish them first (even with this weird bug). Thanks again.