Thread: Office Building

Office Building

This is a perspective based off an office building near where i live. Rendered with fprime, monte carlo, 2 bounce. I let it render over night, so probably about 8 hours, it was on a quality of 57 when i stopped it.
    Attached Images Attached Images

wow

Quote Originally Posted by otacon
    This is a perspective based off an office building near where i live. Rendered with fprime, monte carlo, 2 bounce. I let it render over night, so probably about 8 hours, it was on a quality of 57 when i stopped it.
    Really nice Otacon. I'm a big fan of your work. I like the wondows in this one, and the birds give it an organic composition, as well as the nature reflected in a window

Hmm, looks strange. There are some ghost edges in the sky from the roof top and the sky doesn't reflect in the windows.

Thanks. Those ghost edges around the rooftop are from some post work i did on it, softening the highlights...your right, maybe a bit too much though around the edges. The windows are reflecting some sky, because i have a sky image in the image world, but the windows nearest the camera are looking toward a clear sky. I guess if i wanted i could move the clouds around.

The highlights in the clouds don't seem to match up with the angle of the sun in your image.

Also, the clouds seem to be stretched. I find their appearance rather disconcerting, and even nauseating. But perhaps that is just me.

Otherwise, it is great! Keep it up!

I really like that you added some deformation to the windows so the reflections get bent.

otacon rocks in with another cool image!

I really like that you added some deformation to the windows so the reflections get bent.
    How's this done?

For the reflections, i simply put a fractal noise bump on the glass surface. A low value is all you need to get the wavy reflections.

I agree on this. I always put the standard FractalNoise in the bump channel at 2 to 3 m scale. And at a small percentage bump, around 2 - 5 % depending on the glasspane size; and the clients wishes of course