Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: LightWave [8] Feature Update - Version 8.2 Released

LightWave [8] Feature Update - Version 8.2 Released

NewTek Releases Free Feature Update to LightWave 3D® Major Changes to Modeler and Renderer Cores add Innovative Technologies to Emmy®-winning 3D Application in 8.2 Update

NewTek is pleased to announce the release of a major feature update, version 8.2, for LightWave 3D®. The update includes major changes to the renderer core to implement new technologies for anti-aliasing, as well as new options for image reconstruction filters that can be applied to the final image to offer further control and enhancement of render output. The new LightWave® Team has also implemented a completely redesigned UV engine in the geometry core, which affects both Modeler and Layout, to make creating and editing UV maps easier and more powerful. The update is a free download for registered owners of LightWave [8].

For the complete text of our press release see:
    http://www.newtek.com/news/releases/01-18-05a.html

For more information or to order see:
    http://www.newtek.com/products/light...w82/index.html
    Kurtis Harris - NewTek 3D Marketing

All statements to the effect of this parrot is still a going concern are from now on inoperative. This is an ex-parrot.

If you are a NewTek Europe customer you can go to: http://www.newtek-europe.com/uk/support/download.html

B
    Ben Vost - NewTek LightWave 3D development
    LightWave 3D Trial Edition
    AMD Threadripper 1950X, Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, 32GB RAM, nVidia GeForce GTX 1050Ti (388.13, 4GB and 768 CUDA cores)
    AMD FX8350 4.2 GHz, Windows 7 SP1 Home Premium 64-bit, 16GB RAM, nVidia GeForce GTX 1050Ti (416.34, 4GB and 768 CUDA cores)
    Laptop with Intel i7, nVidia Quadro 2000Mw/ 2GB (377.83 and 192 CUDA cores), Windows 10 Professional 64-bit, 8GB RAM
    Mac Mini 2.26 GHz Core 2 Duo, 4 GB RAM, 10.10.3

Thanks a lot guys. So now i know what to do the next days.

Talking

ROCKIN' !
    Time to get it and play!
    Gracias to everyone at NewTek
    DrCuervo

Downloading now, yipeee!
    Thanks Newtek I think considering this is only fraction release you've done a great job. Sounds like a lot of the features you've added would usually be added in a full release. So top stuff keep up the good work I think, you're winning back a lot of faith.

Peter B

Lightwave 8.2 and VT[4] Lightwave 8.01 version

Can this upgrade update VT[4] Lightwave 8.01 versions??
    William
    realimagesvideo.com

W00t! Time to explore it, Thx newtek! Seems like it's busy at newtek europe
    Last edited by -NG-; 01-18-2005 at 02:19 PM.

Hey, a new hidden function in LW8.2!!

This is great! Now we can not only Left Click and Right Click - we can Rick Click (uh, who's Rick??). Really, I'm not kidding!. Look at page 17 of your lw82addendum.pdf under Dope Track Menu Enhancements. You not only can Rick Click, but you can Rick Click and Drag - pretty cool, huh? Now all I have to do is to figure out how to Rick Click - hmmmmm.

Sjon

Quote Originally Posted by sjon
    This is great! Now we can not only Left Click and Right Click - we can Rick Click (uh, who's Rick??). Really, I'm not kidding!. Look at page 17 of your lw82addendum.pdf under Dope Track Menu Enhancements. You not only can Rick Click, but you can Rick Click and Drag - pretty cool, huh? Now all I have to do is to figure out how to Rick Click - hmmmmm.

Sjon

For real? They probarly made a typing error......otherwise, time to click on rick

Hmmm. I noticed the SDK improvements, I wonder if this will give Worley what they need to have full support for fPrime... ie surface plugin support.

Fingers crossed
    "It's a trick, get an axe!"
    Felix_Man

Excellent News , thanks for the update. Any Mac users installed the update yet?

Absolutely

I'm a Mac User and I've installed it. That new rendering engine is great. There are a number of other things 8.2 has, but I haven't got to them yet. The install was really fast and all my old configs where there. Looking forward to using it. I seem to be one of those who has a stable system and rarely experience many of the problems I read about on here (for which I am most thankful). Every once in a while my settings go off a little or I lose a plug in or two, but all in all, all my upgrades (from 6.5 onward) have been fairly smooth.

Sjon

Newbie Member

Download from Europe slow

Thanks Newtek!

I'm downloading the Mac Version from Europe, it's a bit slow. In the meantime I can read the changelog which is pretty long....

- AH_CelShader (celshade.p) is not available for Mac anymore

Are there some details about this?

apart from that, great improvments & new features!

cheers
    Sleiron
    Last edited by sleiron; 01-19-2005 at 07:39 AM.

It's ALL about the light Paul Lara's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Realimagesvideo
    Can this upgrade update VT[4] Lightwave 8.01 versions??
    No, William, you'll have to wait for NewTek to roll this into a VT[4] update.
    Don't stream it - TriCast it!

Quote Originally Posted by sjon

Sjon
    Hi Sjon-You found the secret toolset! (Actually, it was a typing mistake and I'll get this fixed as soon as I can.) It should say Right Click and Drag.
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
    <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast