Thread: Still from animation: Table Football / Foosball

Still from animation: Table Football / Foosball

Hello everyone,

some time ago I decided I wanted to get into 3D graphics (not in the sense of looking for job, but rather to just do it). I chose Lightwave as my 3D tool and started teaching myself in my sparetime.

The result is a little animation about what I liked to do in my spare time before 3D took over.

I have attached one still frame from the animation. Three more can be seen on the website, as well as a teaser (that is so short, you better watch it in slow motion) and a few words about my experiences during the making of the film. The film itself won't be available before the summer - I'm still hoping to get it accepted by one of our national film festivals.

I mostly tried to do shots from interesting angles, playing with DOF, as scene layout is what I enjoyed most during the project.

Criticism is welcomed, and although, quite frankly, I can't be arsed to change anything anymore (god, I'm glad do be thorugh with it), I will still gratefully take any suggestions into account for future projects.

Cheers,
    Marc

Site: http:\\www.kickerfilm.de
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by marc; 04-14-2003 at 04:06 PM.

Unhappy

*Sigh* divx again. I'd really like to see it, but of course its PC only, and the 'divx validator' never works. Pef. Stupid hardware divide. Certainly LOOKs cool
    [url=http://www.roosteredge.com/~zombat/nebula/tute.html]Zombat[/url]

Zombat, after I saw my friend watch it on his Powerbook I thought it would work on every Mac.

Too bad that it doesn't, since all my attempts to produce a decent Quicktime version didn't work out. I shall try again tonight. What Codec should I use?

Marc

Hrm. Perhaps its just something wrong with my computer. But from my own expirience, the divx codecs Divx has been half-attempting to make never seem to ever work properly. I dunno.

As for quicktime, Sorenson compression usually works fairly well, though I'm not sure how a long animation as this one might seem might take up.

When I get the time, I'll do some tests on quicktime compression, and come back with results.
    [url=http://www.roosteredge.com/~zombat/nebula/tute.html]Zombat[/url]

DiVX is almost always smaller than any .mov compression. I find that it works if I load the animation completely, then reload. The first time it always does some wierd pixal displacement stuff, but the second time usually runs fine on my mac.

I really wish someone would write a decent DivX player for Mac, that really annoyed me until I moved over to PC!!!
    UI / UX Designer @ NewTek

soreson video 3

OK, I also put a Quicktime version of the teaser on the site. The Quality is OK. I wonder why it didn't work so smoothly last time I tried...

Anyway, the teaser is probably too short for any comments on the animation, but I'd also appreciate comments on the still frames.

Marc