Thread: Solid Objects in Layout

Question Solid Objects in Layout

I'm not sure if this is possible or if there is some really easy way to do this I haven't learned yet. Can you create objects so that when in layout they can't move through each other, but instead just bump into one another? If anybody could tell me how to do this I would be extremely grateful.

aberrations

The simple answer is use dynamics. Too much info needed however to go into detail. But look atthe online help or the manual and read up on dynamics.

aberrations,

Providing you are using LightWave [8], from either program, go to

Help > Contents

From there, go to

Layout > Object Properties > Add Dynamic > Dynamics: Hard Body Dynamics.

This should help with what you want to do.
    Kurtis Harris - NewTek 3D Marketing

All statements to the effect of this parrot is still a going concern are from now on inoperative. This is an ex-parrot.

Thanks for your help, but i'm using lightwave 7.5. I've looked in the manual and other books and can't find how to use dynamics in 7.5 to do this, can I do this in 7.5 or do I have to have version 8?

aberrations

aberrations,

Hard Body Dynamics are a new addition for LightWave [8].

There are some 3rd-party plugins available that will let you do this with 7.5. The only one that comes to mind immediately is Impact 3 from Dynamic Realities . You might want to search the plug-in database at Flay to see if there are others.
    Kurtis Harris - NewTek 3D Marketing

All statements to the effect of this parrot is still a going concern are from now on inoperative. This is an ex-parrot.