Thread: Motion Designer Question

Motion Designer Question

Is it possible to have motion designer start its motion on a certian key frame. I have a model of a girl, and I want her dress to fall off, but not until a certain frame. Every time I start MD it starts to fall off from the first frame.

Failing that, Is it possible to move a whole animation at once. The Create Key command only moves on key frame at a time, which is a pain when you have over 1000.

I am using Lightwave 7.5. I do have Lightwave 8, but the plugin for exporting models to my game platform doesn't work with it.

If you do the MD_Scan and then reload that into motion designer after the fact you should be able to adjust the timing of the motion.

Just to add so you don't think you failed...you can set what frame it starts calculation. Without using Motion Designer...as a normal task...you can select a range of frames to play when animating in the timeline. As far as I know, whatever frames are showing up in the timeline, that's what it will calculate. So if you change the beginning frame of the range, that frame is where it will start.

I hope this helps.

Actually, adjusting the timeline was what I ended up doing. I couldn't figure out how to do it the other way.

The problem with it is that the animation on the MD objects is frozen outside the timeline. It was for a video game, and I ended up making two animations, one with MD and one without, and blended them in another aplication.