Thread: FPrime Oddness

FPrime Oddness

I just bought a copy of FPrime, and I'm having a bit of difficulty making it function. It loads fine, but it seems to semi lock up my computer. It renders, it continues to refine (the little number at the top right keeps going up...), and the buttons in LW continue to change color in response to mousover. BUT, I can't reposition the FPrime window, can't shut it off, can't actually activate the LW buttons or anything else, and I have to force quit out of LW. I'm using the latest drivers on an ATI FireGL 8800, on a 2X Athlon 2200+ system, 1 GB RAM.
    It looks to me as though FPrime is simply grabbing all of my processor cycles or something, and checking the CPU usage graphs after force-quitting confirms this--both CPUs are flatlined at the top of the graph, but even setting LW to use only one processor doesn't keep it from happening. Worley says it's just me and they'd like to hear how and if I solve it, but before I do begin the tedious testing and rejiggering process, I'd love to hear if anybody has a hint or clue as to what it might be.
    FPrime looks really awesome, and I'd love to be able to use it!
    Last edited by nickej; 12-30-2004 at 01:14 PM.

LAtest Driver

As it turns out, the problem is with the latest driver for my ATI FireGL. The old driver lets FPrime wrk just fine.....
    I suppose this is good....since now I won't be able to play Half-Life2 and work....the choices, the choices.....