Thread: Final Vision 1.1?

Question Final Vision 1.1?

Final Vision
    Has anyone heard of this? Seen it? Tried it?
    It was sitting on the front page of Flay under the latest news section. In short... it is a realtime 3d application (direct-X9) that allows for the import of lightwave scenes for interaction. I have two of the demos downloaded but am currently upgraing my video drivers to DirectX9 (can't view without) so I haven't seen it in action yet. I tried a search here and cgtalk on this but no luck... I'm just surprised that nobody pointed it out (maybe 'cause it's not worth mentioning?) or they did and I am an idiot and can't use a search function properly ... Anyway, anyone with any thoughts on it? Happy Holidays btw.
    kenrem
    My latest work [url=http://vbulletin.newtek.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=18981]Ferrari F375[/url]

[URL=http://www.seventhgearstudios.com]portfolio[/URL]

The more I learn, the more I have to learn.

My thoughts after seeing all the demos is this is bloody great!

I have also contacted them direct and it uses (direct-X9) for the complete scene You just create you scene then run the plugin to create just a preview or the actul exe file as a stand alone app you can send to clients etc.. without them needing any 3D or game engine software on their PC.

The only flaws I have seen so far is it's abit fussy on video cards on a Radion 9700 it look great but on my other PC running a low / old nvidia card textures disappear and appear as white planes (un textured objects).

Also with regards to my own reasons for buying it may not work with the likes of HD Instance (object replacment) but they have told me it works well with high poly scenes.

If your doing Arcvis I would say this is a no brainer myself, animations without rendering that can allow you to wonder arround your lightwave scenes Although the output is not the best photorealistic images you will ever see from what I have seen so far it looks very impressive.

Come at the wrong time of the year for me (just invested in ALOT) for video editing, DVD and audio software my only hope is it sticks around long enough for me to get the funds together before the likes of Discreet come along and buys it up (it works well for Max as well) apparently.
    Either Lead, Follow............. or get out of the Way!

dynamics...so much fun ;) prospector's Avatar
    Couldn't find download button
    Skype...lost_in_3d_space

Sager
    I7-4800 OC'd to 3.3 GHz
    12G 1600mhz mem
    GTX 765M , 765 cores 1.5 Gig mem
    256 gigs raided SSD drive

prospector-
    I think that you have to go through the sales department to acquire a demo... not quite sure myself. I could not find it on either of their sites so I'm just guessin' right now. I will contact them because I want more "technical" info about the app and what all it can do...just short on time right now.

badllarma-
    I still have more researching to do on the "realtime" 3d front before I commit a serious chunk of money. Quest seemed to be the forerunner for about a year now and a new release is due in early 2005, also DirectX9 based, but I still have problems with UV'd LWO in the appCosmos Creator was another in the running but they have been bought by Right Hemisphere who seem to be really jumping in with both feet in the 3d/VR interactive world. They also have a new release due in Jan 2005... worth the wait from what I've read. Then of course there is Anark with a new version due out soon. From what I have seen and been researching... if your into "realtime" presentations, visualizations, game development and stuff, there's a lot comming down the road in '05.
    My latest work [url=http://vbulletin.newtek.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=18981]Ferrari F375[/url]

[URL=http://www.seventhgearstudios.com]portfolio[/URL]

The more I learn, the more I have to learn.

Quote Originally Posted by apex
    prospector-
    I think that you have to go through the sales department to acquire a demo... not quite sure myself. I could not find it on either of their sites so I'm just guessin' right now. I will contact them because I want more "technical" info about the app and what all it can do...just short on time right now.

badllarma-
    I still have more researching to do on the "realtime" 3d front before I commit a serious chunk of money. Quest seemed to be the forerunner for about a year now and a new release is due in early 2005, also DirectX9 based, but I still have problems with UV'd LWO in the appCosmos Creator was another in the running but they have been bought by Right Hemisphere who seem to be really jumping in with both feet in the 3d/VR interactive world. They also have a new release due in Jan 2005... worth the wait from what I've read. Then of course there is Anark with a new version due out soon. From what I have seen and been researching... if your into "realtime" presentations, visualizations, game development and stuff, there's a lot comming down the road in '05.
    Yup thats correct if you contact there resellers with more questions as I did they will get in touch and there IS a demo on offer.

Keep us informed of your findings prospector Anark does look very intresting as well.
    I was about to start a project resently with the aid of some funding from the "cirtain major UK tv business" but they pulled out so the money situation is tight at present The project is still going ahead it's just it is going to take a little more time and a major part of the project will be real time previews so I'm very intrested in this type of application. Have you tried Anark BTW??
    Either Lead, Follow............. or get out of the Way!