Thread: Easy Bone Question

old fan

Easy Bone Question

I just got a quick question...

when ever you animate you are supposed to make your mesh in one layer, than draw the bones in another, correct???

If this is the case, than how do you get those bones on the second layer to affect the mesh which is in the first layer when in layout (I know u have to convert skelegons to bones)...

I know I could use weight maps, but how do I do it with out using weightmaps....

Its funny cuz I know how to rig a skeleton, but I cant seem to make it affect the mesh...

Please help....

Skelegons should be in the same layer as the mesh.Once you created them just copy and paste them in your mesh layer.
    If you absolutely want to have two seperates layers, when you import your object in layout you will have two objects: the mesh and the skeleton. There, edit the bones properties panel for the mesh and use the "Use bones from Object" menu and choose your skeleton object. That's it.

old fan
    hey, thanks a lot for the answer.....yeah I knew how to use them if they were in the same layer, but I just dont like it when the bones are in the same layer as th mesh.... well anyways, thanks a lot for the answer

And just one more thing, how do I enter bone options for the mesh if there arent any bones in the mesh??? Do i just put one bone in the mesh in order to enter the options and than delete it or is there an easier way to enter the bone options without putting bones in the mesh layer (hope you understand what I am trying to say....)
    Last edited by AlphaBeta; 04-12-2003 at 10:29 AM.

Just try it!

You're smart, but LW is smarter

You may click the bones button followed by propertries without having any bones for a perticular object.