Thread: quick fire test

quick fire test

threw together a quick particle fx fire test. thoughts? comments?
    after post:

before post:

OpenGL preview:
    http://jeremy.lwidof.net/firetest-preview.mov

Not much to say... Unless you render out an animation with the final setup, there is no point in giving any hints or tips. You know, fire can always look nice on a still with different methods, but the real crunch comes when you seee everything combined - particle motion, texture movement and effects.

Mylenium
    [Pour Mylène, ange sur terre]

Mylenium,
    (hint) Click on the images.
    E.
    "Let's put a smile on that face!"

so, any thoughts or comments from people who have clicked the images?

they both look pretty sweet. i like the first one a lil better...i'd like to see the aura react a lil quicker to the movement and maybe be a little bit tighter aroud the ball...but i guess it all depends on the environment its' in...also maybe add somemore particles of varying speeds/luminosities/colors and a touch of smoke peace

Ooops ;o) Will give it a try tomorrow at work when I'm back on broadband conection.

Mylenium
    [Pour Mylène, ange sur terre]

I've been woking on an animation for a school project that involves a book starting on fire. I've gotten it to look pretty good in stills, and it looks fine with VIPER. I'll post it here when I have time to do a full render. Incidentally, does anyone have any idea why LW would render faster when running on only 1 half of a P4 HT processor. (Task Manager/Right Clisk on Process/Set Affinity) Not that I'm complaining, but it just seems kinda weird to me.
    We're just two lost souls swimming in a fish bowl, year after year. Running over the same old ground, what have we found, the same old fears, wish you were here.

Wish You Were Here
    Pink Floyd

LWnexgen, i'd love to see it. a book burning is a great subject with a lot of potential for complexity.

I tried this one just for fun.........
    E.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "Let's put a smile on that face!"