Thread: The mystery of SasLite

Newbie Member

The mystery of SasLite

Hi all,

I always seem to have trouble with Saslite. I can never seem to really get the results I want without doing dozens of test renders and continuous adjustments. I often just cant get what I want. I understand what all of the controls are supposed to do but it somehow never seems to do the same thing twice.

Im currently trying to create an area of grass. The problem is I only want it a few inches heigh but the shorter I make it the less dense it becomes. I cant increase the density to over 250 and my short grass looks very sparse.

I suppose my question is can it be understood? are there rules that I can apply to get certain results or does everyone just fiddle with the controls in the hope of getting the result they want?

One problem that you may have is your underlying ground may not have enough polys, try increasing the polys. This will increase the number of grass blades. Don't go too high or you will hit saslights poly limit.
    Silk
    Silkrooster.com - temporarily offline due to updating...
    Spinquad Forum - Closed Sorry...
    lightwave-resources.pdf - - temporarily offline due to updating...

Newbie Member
    Thanks,

I didn't know this was the case

Matt

If you're still having trouble, you may want to get the DVD from kurv studios on masgtering saslite.

It's pretty decent at getting the basics in there. Site is www.kurvstudiios.com

Hoop
    www.mean3d.com

"Problems worthy of attack, prove their worth by hitting back." -- Piet Hein

You can also add up to 8 instances of sasquatch on object. If you come up with a grass setting you like, but can't get it dense enough, just copy that instance and paste another one. They will begin to fill in the sparse areas.

Newbie Member
    Thanks

This does seem to be the way to go

Matt