Thread: cant view stream in OSX ??? whats up Newtek

Angry cant view stream in OSX ??? whats up Newtek

anyone else have the same??

NAB that is

Wink

you can't view the stream because its for windows media player 9 only, after all why would a Mac user want to look at a piece of Windows Software/hardware anyway, nice one Newtek

sell software for mac and pc but you can only view it on a pc........no wonder lightwave for the mac is ............... Thanks for the support newtek! Yea I know they will say it was toaster related and that was pc only.

One of the newer VT features is it's streaming ability into Windows Media 9 format, so I believe that's why they chose to stream that way. Also, since VT is a PC only program, the target was really for those who would be interested in using it.

It still would be very cool if everyone could experience the show, so for that, I completely understand and apologize. Siggraph's just around the corner and I'm sure that will be a big consideration! (please don't quote me on that though, cuz I really like my job)

A good response, maybe the issue is whether there should be a version of Windows media player 9 for Mac OS X. Personally I was curious as to what VT3 was all about, I guess I'll not bother now.

I guess they dont want people to buy pc's with the VT if they already have a Mac.
    this is the kind of thing that has gone on for years at NT...great softwave but that is as far as it goes