Thread: BMW Williams FW 25 Montoya

Newbie Member

Cool BMW Williams FW 25 Montoya

These are testrenderings of a 2003 model, Williams BMW FW25 from J.P.Montoya.we made them to see how
    the model surfaces are reacting in this kind of lighting. Here we tested a cluster of spotlights all
    using shadowmaps only. The 3D model has everything a real Williams FW25
    also has: A highly detailed Engine, clutch, gearbox, brakes, seat, a fully
    functional steering wheel, rear and front suspension and 2 different moveable drivers and much, much more.
    Every single screw is modeled, even with its washers !! The whole model is a sub devision model.

This season J.P. Montoya (Colombia) and Ralph Schumacher (Germany) are the drivers for the Williams team.

BIG VERSION
    digi mice GmbH
    Hermannstr. 34
    63263 Neu-Isenburg
    Germany

Tel.:+49 (0)6102 8847830
    Fax.+49 (0)6102 202899
    email: [email protected]
    http://www.digimice.com

Niihiiiice....

Looks pretty damn good (especially the rear shot)

Oh yeah. Looks great!
    Viva Colombia! =)

The only thing would be to maybe lower the diffuse on the car paint so the lights dont wash out all that detail at the top.

Good job!
    ----------------------------
    Alex Friderici
    www.eyelandarts.com

nice model...the tires look especially "rubber-like" too.
    Ride the wave, the Lightwave!!!

cool carrrr!!

Have to try that myself sometimes, building a car, don't have the time jet I quess... Like to see it in some kind of showroom, with all the lights, tv monitors and posters ya know!

Greetzz

Ruutert

Nice modeling job and textures. The tires look a hair blue to me on the rubber except the bottom left render. For some reason, it just looks to be a better shade. Was the texture adjusted during the test render process? And how did you get the decals on a sub-d surface without distortion? I can see a couple of areas where it may have been tricky but no distortion visible . It definitly looks much better than his car in Brazil .
    "...and in the morning, I'm makin' waffles!" -Donkey-

Newbie Member
    Hi Banshee,

we used blue lights in this scene to have a nicer and different look than usually. A kind of art effect. To the textures, we always use planar projection maps. UV has the problem with distortion on sub-d surface. So better you dontīt use it then. In this case its even much better because we are more flexable when there is change of a branding or a new position.

By the way, the car has 44 surface with 312 layers of textures and effects !!

Bye,

Chris

digi mice GmbH
    Hermannstr. 34
    63263 Neu-Isenburg
    Germany

Tel.:+49 (0)6102 8847830
    Fax.+49 (0)6102 202899
    email: [email protected]
    http://www.digimice.com

Hi !

It sure does look great but i hope you will show us some of other parts you mentiond . How about soem engine renders and simalr things.

Model really looks great but team (BMW-Williams) is underexpectations this year . I'am not Williams fan but i expected more from them this year .
    RAM-Studio
    WS - Dual Xeon E5-2698v4/128GB/Win10x64/x TitanX(M) + 2x GTX 1080Ti + GTX 1080
    My LWM Video Car Modeling Tutorial

This should go up in the Lightwave gallery.