Thread: newtek and HP? whhhhhy!!

newtek and HP? whhhhhy!!

just wondering why newtek would want to associate itself with HP's? i've worked on 3 supposed "high end" hp stations and they are little more then large ugly paper weights.....anyone else have thoughts on this?
    Make 'waves

can you give the reasons why you are of this opinion? (for the sake of those who are thinking of indulging in the offer)

well i suppose it's a good deal if you look at it from the perspective of it's a free computer for the price of LW and who knows maybe this model of HP works well but from my experiance.....

every and i mean every HP computer i've owned, used or know someone that uses complains about them, they just don't function properly. I have a 1.7 gig P4 with 512 sd ram and at work i run LW on a 2.3 gig p4 1g ram HP and aside from some smaller points in photoshop, my lil vaio out preforms the HP. the HP (common with other HP's i've used) crashes often and function's poorly...

now i could very well be wrong, one of the reason's i posted this was to get others opinons on HP computers in high end use so please base a decision on wether to go in on the deal on more research then some ofe spoutin off

cheers
    Make 'waves

Everyone has their opinions. I owned a Compaq laptop in the past that gave me fits all the time and finally died a month after my warrenty ran out, so I was convinced I would never use another Compaq. I suppose it could have been coincidence or something, but I understand your thoughts on this.

I know HP and Compaq are now one, and enough time has passed to help me rethink things. HP has been a great supporter of us and our tools, and many of us run high-end HP's at NewTek, which have been great! To be honest, I don't think it really matters what "brand" computer you run because most of the insides are the same. What does matter is how the company stands by their customers and that's something HP has done with us so far.

NewTek, as a company, does the same thing. We stand by our customers and do everything we can to make sure you have the best possible experience with us and our products. For me, coming from another software company in the past, I was blown away when I learned NewTek offered FREE support on everything they've ever sold! This was unheard of to me, but now, I understand exactly why we do it. This is not to say there won't be circumstances that prevent us from gathering various parts, or those few people who may slip through the cracks (it happens), but I can honestly say we make the extra effort when it's there.

Anyway, before I go on a tangent, I have to say this LightWave / HP deal is awesome. Also, although I don't know if it's advertised, you can always purchase a higher-end HP than the one offered and we'll still honor our commitment to you guys!

C'mon, it's just a computer and at this price, it's a steal!!!

VT[5] SpeedEdit Pilot Jim Capillo's Avatar
    Gloucester, MA - The Home of the Perfect Storm
    I agree..... I've got two HP's (one is a laptop) and haven't had any trouble with either of them (knock, knock). That deal is a steal.

If I wasn't upgrading my Toaster host and getting a free LW with T[3], I'd jump on it.

Can't please all the people all of the time, but you can't please some of the people at all !!!
    Jim Capillo

CW Television Productions
    100 Cummings Center, Suite 309-G
    Beverly, MA 01915

www.cwtvproductions.com

about the HP deal, does anyone have experience with the ATI FireGL 8800 that they are offering for $100 more? I know from experience that Mac ATI's & LW do not mix that well, but how do they work on PCs? I am especially concerned about the openGL display quality - whether or not points/polys, & backdrop images disappear like on the mac.

and why don't they offer the nvidia quadro4 750xgl as an option?
    Last edited by quatermain; 04-08-2003 at 10:46 AM.

welp i must say i'm plesently suprised that nobody else has had the problems iv'e had with HP. The deal Newtek is giving is a great offer, and i really have to take my hat of to newtek for all the great deals they offer every time i turn around you have some uber deal going on that makes being a waver that much better....i hope i didn't step on any toes on this i was just wanting to get some outside opinion on the HP thing.

anyway thanks for the feedback everyone i might be tempted to try HP again sometime......MGuerra you say the offer is good on all new high end HP's ? that's good to know......and i don't think it's been advertised like that
    Make 'waves

This will sound cheesy, but we really do Aim To Please!

Polymangler: It's not advertised that way and we are pushing that particular system, but if you purchase that system, or anything higher, this offer will be honored.

It's an awesome deal and definitely a "no brainer"...