Thread: "Z" axis point

"Z" axis point

Sorry for being a newbie, but I do have some questions to ask u.
    Please look at that "star" right at the end of the vortex. In fact, that's not a star at all but the "z" axis point. I've noticed this too as I tried to render a scene showing a blue sky and a spaceship that coincidetaly was aimed directly to the "z" axis. I was just wondering IF this is a bug or not, and in this case, if there's any way that lightwave can hide that... or do I have to shoot the scene from another angle in order to hide the "z" axis or whatever? Does that happen when the camera is directly aimed to the axis, X, Y and Z ....??????
    Thanks in advance...
    Attached Images Attached Images

Lightwave doesn’t have any bugs concerning axis’s that I know of. It looks like what you have there to me is a one point polygon in your model. You might check that out in modeler and make sure you don’t have anything leftover, one or two point polys. If that’s not the problem then, well you got me.

No problems at all with the model....That must be Lightwave. Try rendering just a starfield or a sky generated with Skygen and pointing your cam directly to the "z" axis. You'll see that point.

Hi,

there isn't a problem with LW which causes this so I'd guess its a 'feature' of SkyGen, which is a plugin by Eki Halkka. He would seem to be the man to ask, I'd check his website first in case its mentioned on there (link).

JW.

Not at all...I didn't use skygen to generate the above image. I said the "luminous point" that looks as a star, enhanced by the red arrows, can be seen even when you apply skygen....So, there's nothing to do with Skygen........

Lightwave does not have any sort of bug with rendering like what you mentioned so i must say that there is something in your scene that Is causing this. I would start with a blank scene and render out a preview. Then add one at a time everything that is in your scene shot. At least then you will know what is cousing the dot.

Thanks for the hint...
    As a matter of fact it happened 2 times; once when I rendered a sky with skygen and now, with this space scene. Anyway, I'll check it out! Thanks again