Thread: Camera doesn't move

Camera doesn't move

In layout, I can move the camera, but when I render, the camera is returned to the center, facing forward, and that is the way it shows in rendered image too

When I load previous scenes, the camera remains in the right place, but if I try to move it and render, it returns to original location.

So it is as if lightwave couldn't save the location or the angle of camera, items and lights. Very, very, lethal to one's modelling ability

Maybe some mode I have accidentaly turned on? I've used LW for years now and nothing like this has occured before.

Camera doesn't move

Hi shadowflare:

Check to see if "Auto Key" is off. If it is, you have to manually set your keyframes. You probably got used to having the Auto Key "on" which sets your keys automatically at desired frames as you move your objects, or camara in your case. (See: LW 7 Manual, Chapter 8, Keyframing or LW 8 pdf Manual, Page 58, Keyframing.)

This one bit me a few times.

.O.

when you move the camera (or any light or object) you're supposed to set a keyframe to store its position. Just move/rotate it as you like and press enter, that's it. If you're not familiar with keyframes, I suggest to turn autokeyframing on

I thank you both million times! I though I had tried everything already, but I knew it was just that kind of simple thing.

Wow, one button caused me to lose my inspiration for several months, can you believe it?

This kind of noobish unawareness reveals though, that I have only rendered single images so far

Well, it's 5.30 am here, you know what that means? What's that you say? Bed time? Guess again! Thanks to both of you again very very much!