Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Should we now invite the French

Should we now invite the French

I believe the French said they will come join in the battle if we found WMD.
    Yea Right!!!!!!!

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - U.S. forces near Baghdad found a weapons cache of around 20 medium-range missiles equipped with potent chemical weapons, the U.S. news station National Public Radio reported on Monday.

NPR, which attributed the report to a top official with the 1st Marine Division, said the rockets, BM-21 missiles, were equipped with sarin and mustard gas and were "ready to fire." It quoted the source as saying new U.S. intelligence data showed the chemicals were "not just trace elements."

It said the cache was discovered by Marines with the 101st Airborne Division, which was following up behind the Army after it seized Baghdad's international airport.

U.S. Central Command headquarters in Qatar had no immediate comment.

The United States and Britain launched the war against Iraq (news - web sites) to rid the country of weapons of mass destruction. Iraq denies having such weapons.

if it wasnt for the fact that i am on the floor, i would have fallen off my chair

Epita

Back in the Moutains on the Canadian border surounded by Deer, Quail, little Bunnies, clean water, air with real oxygen, the toe-headed offspring of the pioneers who settled up here, the neighbor's Milk Cows and Jillions of tiny Chipmunks. Whoo Hoo

We should invite them...

...to pick up after themselves like good little children.
    Namely to come and collect all the chemicals, small arms and night-vision equipment they sold to the enemy.

"Going to war without the French is like going deer hunting without an accordian..." --Stormin' Norman Schwartzfopf--

Back in the Moutains on the Canadian border surounded by Deer, Quail, little Bunnies, clean water, air with real oxygen, the toe-headed offspring of the pioneers who settled up here, the neighbor's Milk Cows and Jillions of tiny Chipmunks. Whoo Hoo

Ooops...

Schwartzfopf = Schwarzkopf

Newbie Member
    Hmm, I doubt that the coalition forces could have returned home without having some chemical weapons to show off to the rest of the world. How convenient that they found some. Any reports of iraqi soldiers taking children out of incubators and throwing them out of windows lately?

Johan Grönwall

Any reports of iraqi soldiers taking children out of incubators and throwing them out of windows lately?

I DON'T DOUBT IT.
    And did you really think they didn't have WMD?

Originally posted by ninjaman
    Hmm, I doubt that the coalition forces could have returned home without having some chemical weapons to show off to the rest of the world. How convenient that they found some. Any reports of iraqi soldiers taking children out of incubators and throwing them out of windows lately?

Johan Grönwall
    Nope, not that I know of, but lets try to run down the list of atrocities the Iraqi troops have committed so far. And if i leave any out, everyone please add to the list.

1) Executed prisoners of war.
    2) Hide weapons in hospitals and daycare centers making them targets (putting innocent Iraqi citizens in danger.)
    3) Firing on troops from daycare centers making them targets (putting innocent Iraqi citizens in danger.)
    4) Dressing up as civilians to ambush troops (putting innocent Iraqi citizens in danger).
    5) Pretend to surrender, then fire on troops (putting innocent Iraqi citizens in danger).
    6) Forcing Iraqi's with the rape and murder of their wives and children if they don't fight
    7) Shooting Iraqi's as they try to leave the cities.
    8) Hanged a woman for waving to coalition troops.

Okay, this was just off the top of my head, please everyone add something.
    Chris Moschella

Angry

Oh they will find some for sure ! If they can’t find any they will get some of there own stuff over there and blame Iraq for it. You know this is a sick media war too, and who controls the media in this war ?

Newbie Member
    These days, everyone has WMD. I know Saddam gassed the kurds and I will happily spit on his grave when he is dealt with. It´s just that if you go to war against everone who has inhuman weapons, you soon will have to wage war on the whole world. Who´s next? Who´s a much bigger threat than Saddam ever was: Iran, Syria, North Korea, Russia, China...? Heck, even us swedes has some questionable weapons that we talk quietly of. By the way, it´s weird to watch the TV-broadcats and see that the coalition forces are equipped with some swedish arms, like anti-tank launchers and personal carrying vehicles.

I just want to know why Iraq was pimp slapped and not the other guys? What´s the agenda here?

johan Grönwall

Newbie Member
    1) Executed prisoners of war.
    2) Hide weapons in hospitals and daycare centers making them targets (putting innocent Iraqi citizens in danger.)
    3) Firing on troops from daycare centers making them targets (putting innocent Iraqi citizens in danger.)
    4) Dressing up as civilians to ambush troops (putting innocent Iraqi citizens in danger).
    5) Pretend to surrender, then fire on troops (putting innocent Iraqi citizens in danger).
    6) Forcing Iraqi's with the rape and murder of their wives and children if they don't fight
    7) Shooting Iraqi's as they try to leave the cities.
    8) Hanged a woman for waving to coalition troops.

No one is accusing the iraqi military of being a beacon of humanity. If you corner a rat he gets desperate. All soldiers go crazy in war. No excuse, but an explanation. In Vietnam it happened to the U.S.A - it´s a sad fact that humans can do things like the above, but I guess it comes as no surprise to anyone.

But the above happened after the coalition attacked. I would like to know - why did they attack? WMD? Not likely. No viable proof presented. I am sure they will find some, but why start a war over a few Scuds and some rockets containing mustard gas? They haven´t even tried to drop it on the coalition forces.

Most countries won´t wage war unless there is some sort of profit to be made. This is true even of WWI and WWII. I´ve read somewere that many of the decisions that brought the west into the war was based solely upon economical considerations, not human. The concentration camps were known about early in the war, but not considered viable targets to bomb. War is surely the most perverse thing - the common man suffers but he who manages to stay out profits.

Johan Grönwall

Isn't Sweden over there by France?

Newbie Member
    Isn't Sweden over there by France?

You are absolutely right, my friend, It´s us making them cuckoo-clocks and yoodling in the mountains.

No really, Sweden is a bit farer to the north, in Scandinavia, squeezed in between Norway and Finland - you know, blondes with big boobs and all that... it´s not all a cliché though.... If I say Ingrid Bergman and Ingmar Bergman (not related), The swedish chef in the Muppet show (sounds a bit like we do), swedish meatballs and Absolut vodka? Well maybe not, we are such a small country.

Johan

I don't think that anyone who isn't naive will say that the economics of this war make it more inviting.

I dont pretend to think that the secondary intrests can be make you raise an eyebrow at times, but the disctinction is where the spoken reasons justify the war. Why do you think that the main opposition hasn't spoken outright of monetary gains to be had? Because it does not belong as part of normal debate. The oil in Iraq does not influence the reasons the coalition have made to go in. To argue against the reasons the coalition has put forth with the implications about Iraq's oil is bad arguing. Also, those same points about the spoils of war could be used at ANY time with ANY war, just or unjust, so it cannot apply.

At the end of the Gulf War, there was an agreement, the U.N. backed attack of Iraq would stop if Iraq complied to a list of requirements. They have since violated that agreement, thus, war resumes. WMD, well, looks like they found some today... we'll see i guess.
    Chris Moschella

Whoo Hoo! I just won $20 from a friend of mine on a bet that I would find someone who would say we would plant WMD in Iraq and blame them. Thanks for the post man. I knew someone would come up with this crazy idea.
    Senior Graphic Artist/Animator

Newbie Member
    To argue against the reasons the coalition has put forth with the implications about Iraq's oil is bad arguing.

Naa, it´s not bad arguing at all. As I said: most wars are started on economic grounds. Imagine this: the Saudis are getting more and more upset having american troops on Saudi Arabic soil. The House of Saud is seeing more and more opposition from the likes of Osama Bin laden and other radical islamists. They forsee a future where they have to close the U.S. bases or face a revolution. This situation is a fact.

The U.S faces a situation where they will have to find another place to lodge their troops else they loose their position of power in the Middle East, needed to protect and ensure the constant flow of oil into the U.S and the West. Time to set up shop elsewere. Iran would mean a much more devastating war than Iraq. Jemen is to backwater and a bit off. The Emirates thinks like the Saudis. Israel is to far away from the oil wells. Jordan has no harbours, needed to ship in more troops if needed and an attack would cause an international outcry. Syria is too well defended and would cost to much in lifes lost (well, maybe not if Israel joined in). Then who´s left? A country ruled by a crazy tyrant whose people hates him, who has no means to defend himself and who will be missed by no one. Let´s go there. It will be a good thing for the iraqis to get some democracy and they´ll have an obligation to let the U.S stay there for as long as they want to.

This is simple economical and political thinking, totally logical. Expect an encore in North Korea (to protect the asian markets). If this war was based upon humanitarian considerations, then the next front would be Cuba (communist police state), Burma (communist police state), a host of african countries (Zimbawe, Ivory Coast etc). But it´s not.

Johan Grönwall

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast