Thread: Quick UnSelect

Arrow Quick UnSelect

Hello Everyone. I've been wondering for awhile if there is a unselect or deselet hotkey for function for modeler. I've looked over all the keysets many times before, yet i haven't found one. Any help would be great. Thanks

Heffalump
    Hmmm. / (bottom left to top right) slash works for me here. It is assigned to 'Drop current tool'.

*shrug*

Custom User Title
    Space bar does the same and is easier to find without looking!

R

Thanks, Space doesn't do the job but / does. Thanks alot.

Custom User Title
    Oops! I was lying. I click in the blank space at the bottom of the tools list on the left. Of course Space cycles the selection type. Duh!

R

Yeah, i usually click on that space in the left hand corner too. but sometimes it's too much work ^_^

I click in the far right edge of the screen.
    Easier, since It's always there and always the same. The left area under the buttons change depending on which panel you are currently in.

Post Do nothing . . . !

'/' deselects all selected ONLY if you have no tools active (e.g. Move, Rotate etc.)

'Spacebar' drops the current tool, but also cycles modes if no tool is selected (confusing or what)

I wish there was a key combo that did both in one go, to get you back to a 'do absolutely nothing' state.

I'm a BIG believer that every program needs a 'do nothing' state, this helps new users get back to a 'level playing field' when they become confused, it's very important.
    UI / UX Designer @ NewTek

I wish there was one button, HEY NEWTEK PROGRAMMERS!!!! Make a 1 button reset all key!!!!

^_^ hope that works.