Thread: VT3 Running Multiple playback decks

VT3 Running Multiple playback decks

I'm curious if the VT3 can run different various playback decks at different times.
    For example 3 VTR's all with different programs on it to play one after the other.

there's a box out there by leightronix that will do this. It is so that a television station can program what will play on their station. They program it then leave.
    When 1 VCR is done it stops VCR1, plays VCR 2, and routes the signal from VCR 2 to broadcast.. I would actually want to use probably DVHS or DVC-Pro, or DVC.

VT[5] SpeedEdit Pilot Jim Capillo's Avatar
    Gloucester, MA - The Home of the Perfect Storm
    If you're referring to the Leightronics as a timer/unsupervised deck controller, then no, I don't think the VT can do this. But you can load programs into a DDR and have them play in sequence.......
    Jim Capillo

CW Television Productions
    100 Cummings Center, Suite 309-G
    Beverly, MA 01915

www.cwtvproductions.com

Would you consider using the DDR and online the programing?
    That'll buy you absolute continuity.

All other things are possible but might suit a backup solution and also a redundant VT or video switcher/router for an operational setup.

I didn't think of that(DDR). It would take some serious harddrive space, but I see how it could work.
    thanks

NewTek System Integrator PIZAZZ's Avatar
    Texas, or wherever the plane drops me off this week
    Quote Originally Posted by lvsoule
    I'm curious if the VT3 can run different various playback decks at different times.
    For example 3 VTR's all with different programs on it to play one after the other.

there's a box out there by leightronix that will do this. It is so that a television station can program what will play on their station. They program it then leave.
    When 1 VCR is done it stops VCR1, plays VCR 2, and routes the signal from VCR 2 to broadcast.. I would actually want to use probably DVHS or DVC-Pro, or DVC.
    Yes you can do that with a VT3. The Digital Broadcaster allows you to setup a playlist that is scheduled by exact times. You will be able to also document when when your clips play for billing purposes. The Digital Broadcaster runs as a plugin on top of a typical VT3 installation. You still have all the power of the VT system but the convenience of a scheduler. All of the files would play off of the hard drive array. We have the system running an Information TV Channel in a local business here 24/7.

Contact me directly if you would like some more details.

jef at pizazzme.com
    Jef Kethley
    PIZAZZ
    www.pizazz.com

Using:
    All models of TriCasters + 3Play, IPSeries
    Panasonic UB300 4k cams
    Tactical Fiber/converters, SDI2NDI converters, NDI-Viewfinder, and NDI2HDMI

Thanks Jef I will take you up on that when we get a little closer. I want to get the whole program running well for basketball season. We plan on shooting the whole season.