Thread: IK Booster and Poses

Cocktail me!

IK Booster and Poses

So I rig my charater and use IK booster on the skeleton. Okay so far...

If I move my figure into a pose that I like, I select an IK Booster controller and right click and choose File Tools>Pose Save to save out the pose. I would assume that this would save the pose for all the bones in the skeleton, but it appears that it just works for the selected bone???

Is there an option to save a pose file for all the bones in the object's skeleton?

Create selection sets for your bones. Have one set that is all your bones and other sets for parts of the rig. Colin Cohen also has a free pose mixer for Lightwave. There are also a couple of other free pose savers as well.
    I would also recommend my Getting Started with IKBooster video that is being sold thru KURV. Its about the only thing out there that has any real useful information on using IKBooster. Theres about 2.75 hours of quicktime movies on the CD.
    Last edited by SplineGod; 08-26-2004 at 10:50 PM.

Spline, I do not disagree that you have useful tutorials for sale, however...you claim "Its about the only thing out there that has any real useful information on using IKBooster", have you forgotten about some of the other true masters of the trade? Inside LW 8 and other 3D Courseware?

As someone who has perused the other info, Larry's right on target.
    Others haven't the depth that was shared on Larry's vid. Perhaps by now they have, but when it was released, it was the only thing that went into real detail.

Robert,
    Thanks!

Bob,
    Im aware of whats out there and I stand by my comments. Ive had my materials on IKBooster out for several weeks. Ive yet to see anyone comment on other materials other then what Newtek has up despite a lot of comments and questions from end users on IKBooster.If youre aware of other material that is actually useful (as far as IKBooster is concerned) in someone elses courseware or books, please point it out.
    Heres some interesting information you might find useful:
    http://www.kurvstudios.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12
    Last edited by SplineGod; 08-28-2004 at 10:09 PM.

No problem, Larry. I'm no fanboy but your materials are top-notch for those in need of 'watching someone over their shoulder'. I always thought I was a reader for such info but am now very much into watching vids of people at work, talking to themselves and not reading from a script. The "uh-ohs" that come from script readings are disconcerting when learning; yours, well, let's just say I'm happy you talk your mind and the train of thought that caused the 'uh-oh' offers a more enlightening and educational moment.

Im also finding myself using books more and more as reference and relying more on learning via direct contact with others or via videos. I can absorb videos faster and use books to look up concepts that I need to think about.

closed minds

Hi Larry. Glad to see that you do not consider your self a know it all, and that you appreciate the knowledge of others. Becoming a know it all is the fastest way to put a mental block that prevents some one from learning and improving. Not just a persons knowledge, but there personality too. It is to bad that people with closed minds don't also come with closed mouths too.

Thanks Lester! I enjoyed the talk the other day. Im looking forward to working with you and the others.

Cocktail me!
    Thanks Larry for the advice, I will definitely look into your CD...it comes highly recommended.

Unfortunately, my main animation station is a G5, so none of Colin Cohen's tools work on that machine. It's nice to know there are options though.

Thanks Chazz!
    You might drop Colin an email. He *might* be interested or in the process of creating some mac versions. Hes definately open to suggestions.

As well as Richard Brak who is doing conversions of such plugs for the Mac community.

Unfortunately, I don't have access to a Mac; and for a number of reasons, I'm not comfortable with having my source code compiled by someone else.

But if I ever get access to a Mac, I will gladly recompile them.