Thread: Siggraph Stream Archives

Siggraph Stream Archives

well after seeing AVP, Exorcist and other horrible movies this year, I've pretty much lowered my expectations on anything, but the Newtek Siggraph stream archives has got to be the worst thing ever.

why zip up a stream that has "webstream dropout" written across the screen, every minute.

wasn't this show recorded locally?

I mean I already suffered that day, why torture me again?

HA HA!!11

really funny post!!!

But he's right... Why not record the session upstream of the broadcast? Should be standard at every show consdiering the effort NT puts into it.. These broadcast should be standard practice for ANY vendor at Siggy. I realy appreciate NT for doing this.. Might was well do it proper, then...

The fact is that I requested and arranged for Dave Warner to record the stream because he's been doing so the last few years anyway, and hosting at his expense, and I wanted to be able to put things online in at least a temporary form in advance of the archived stream arriving here where we could then prepare sections and post them. I also wanted Dave's effort to be a backup in the event of technical difficulty, which we have encountered with past efforts to archive the stream.

There were indeed technical problems this year with streaming, in part due apparently to bandwidth issues outbound from the venue, in part due to issues with the systems we were streaming from. Since the recordings haven't arrived yet I can't confirm if they will better, under the circumstances, but if they are then we'll begin swapping out Dave's recordings.

NewTek would like to extend our appreciation to Dave for his efforts; they represent one more in a long line of contributions to the user community over the years.
    Chuck Baker
    Senior Manager of Communications
    NewTek, Inc.
    NewTek.com
    LightWave3D.com
    NewTek USA Facebook
    Twitter
    LinkedIn
    Software Developer's Dilemma: The better the new feature, the more feature requests it will generate. - C. Baker
    Please note that any statements regarding future product development are forward looking and subject to change without notice.