Thread: SasLite renders over holes

Newbie Member

SasLite renders over holes

Hi,

Ive done a search for this problem but cant seem to find it.

Im trying to make a large field of long grass with several crossing paths of short mown grass. Im trying to se SasLite to achieve this.

First I created a large plane and called it 'long grass'. Then I imported my paths (as in footpaths) that I created in Illustrator and used the Drill>Stencil command to create the paths on the field. I called the paths 'short grass'

I imported this object into Layout applied SasLight and ticked the named surface only box to apply Sas to 'long grass' surface only.

When I rendered the whole field was covered in grass including the paths. I then moved the paths to a different layer but still had the same problem. I then deleated the footpaths to leave holes in the field where the paths were yet still Sas renders even where the holes are. I can even see the black holes through the grass.

Any ideas on what is going on here would be much appreciated. Cant afford to buy Sas full at the moment.

Thanks

Matt

Matt,

Not sure if this is any good, but have a look on this link, It's from a problem I had with saslite, which sounds a little similar, basically, it worked OK after tripling

http://vbulletin.newtek.com/showthre...threadid=18630

Cheers

Rich

Newbie Member
    Thats sorted it. Thanks so much