Thread: Can't load VT3 toaster edit files

Can't load VT3 toaster edit files

Help, I'm in trouble. I just upgraded hardware, new motherboard, chipset, etc. Same operating system (Windows XP)Had to format the C drive. Saved all the files on "C". Put 'em all back on after formatting and my T3 Edit projects won't load. I get an error message "invalid file name". Interestingly, old T2 projects load just fine. All the data is there but something apparently happened in moving the data off the C drive and then back on. The files are there, but won't load into TED. T3 Undo-redo stacks won't load either. Surely this has happened to someone else.....right? Deadline pressure building. Any suggestions?

Did you re-install the VT3 software? From the post it seems like you just copied over the folder... Which would cause a LOT of problems.
    Faraz Ahmed - Amitrace
    www.Amitrace.com

Hello Faraz,
    I figured out the problem. My retailer installed the wrong T-3 build after we reconfigured the computer. That's why my T-3 project files wouldn't load....they were originally created on a different (later) build. Got the new build in and everything works fine.
    Thanks,
    Larry Emlaw