Thread: Sword scene

Sword scene

hi, i havent really been rendering much, but it's summer now so im getting a little more productive. heres the latest and only thing that i have done in the past couple of months.

i hope you like (C&C as always, welcomed and incouraged)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "sometimes i think that the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."

It's certainly better than anything I could ever do...

One thing - tweak the sword material a bit - it looks more like molten glass than metal. Maybe sharpen the reflections a little.

How Old? Really? Aww Heck colkai's Avatar
    Drop your smoothing angle on your blade surface to around 15 - 20 degrees, that should help with the over smoothing.
    Too old to die young.

i dont really know what you are saying about it(can you explain?), but i changes the smoothing any ways, here it is..
    "sometimes i think that the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."

that looks more like a whale harpoon... ouhh uhh, bad boy.... just joking... something wrong with the metal, start with a preset for metal and work from there.... that blade looks very fragile....

Here's an example image of what I mean by adjusting the smoothing angle, note the tight line between the blade and the blade groove.
    Too old to die young.

I've attached a preset here, but you'll have to pick your own HDRI / relection images as I've not included them.
    Too old to die young.

erm...do i need FPrime? it says it cant find it, prolly cos i dont got it, but is it needed?

this is what i got, i have fittingly named it "Eeewww"