Thread: Balancing Act

Balancing Act

I am trying to create an animation where a bunch of blocks (10 or so) fall from above and land on the ground. I want them to land (at least eight of them) in a specific place, direction, and angle.

Example
    Image a bunch of child abc blocks in a container or bag. You turn the container or bag upside down so that the blocks fall on the floor. When they land, after all the colliding and rolling, eight of them are place in an order to spell something, a name or word.

Question One
    How do I get eight of them to land in a specific place. If I edit the end key frame will LW adjust the previous frames so the dynamics are correct.

Question Two
    My block must be circus blocks because they're very good at falling and bouncing around but most of them stay at an angle, never tipping over or fully landing flat. I've even increased the animation length and recalculated to make sure.

Any advice would be helpful
    evance

I would just think you'd want to keyframe the 8 individually, when they're not doing what they should. It'll take time, but that's all i can see.
    But don't take my word for it... I don't know what i'm talking about

SKUNK
    If only people with closed minds came with closed mouths, too.

Using LW 8 you can use EditFX in the Hardfx plugin to adjust the position and rotation of your block, and get it to fade out the adjustment over time so it doesn't look too weird.
    If you're using HardFX make sure collision is set to node, and self collison set to box to have them fall flat.

Personally if ther's not too many i would hand keyframe them as that's probably a bit quicker.
    Push the software, don't let it push YOU!
    My own plugins and work:www.mikegreen.name
    LaptopSetup:corei7 2.4GHz nvidia GT 650M 8Gig win8 64
    WorkSetup:core i7 3.4Ghz nvidia Quadro 2000 12Gig Ram Win7