Thread: Skytracer2 - sun not visible

Newbie Member

Skytracer2 - sun not visible

At the moment i'm trying to animate the sun + clouds and i was basing it this tutorial http://www.blochi.com/gfx/sunrise_en.html
    and firstly i stumbled across the problem that i can't see the sun and its parent is a Null and it is visible in camera view..
    blochi uses skytracer1 so maybe there is a problem right there?

May the sauce be with you starbase1's Avatar
    A couple of possibilities...

1. I have seen vector blur mess up things like this, if its on try turning it off.

2. Are you sure that the sun light is pointing the correct way? What I mean is that unless the light is pointing directly at the camera, the Sun should not appear to be in that position.

Consider a distant light situated in front of the camera pointing straight down. Even though you can see the light in front of you, the sun should actually be overhead.

Nick
    Faith is the opposite of Intelligence.

Touched by his noodley appendage!
    My Lightwave Graphics & Downloads!!!

Newbie Member
    Thanks for your help! You were right about the light not facing the camera.

Now the only problem i'm facing is that the light is supposed to be following an arc which pans from the left to the right of the screen. In the layout it does but when rendering the sun only arcs slightly and it appears in the middle of the view and arcs there - and does not pan from left of the view to right as in the layout view...??

not sure whats going on there..