Thread: LWO Viewer

LWO Viewer

Anyone know of a LWO Viewer? I know there was a one floating (see links below) but that doesn't seem to launch on 10.3

http://www.geocities.jp/yuichiy2001/...ad/lwo_mac.htm
    http://www.apple.co.jp/downloads/mac...lwoviewer.html
    http://www.vector.co.jp/soft/mac/art/se260240.html

Alternatively, convert your objects to FBX format and use Kaydara's FBX Quicktime plug-in. Your models will then be viewable in a Quicktime player.
    Moral of the day:
    Worry about your own morals, not someone else's!

I am using LWO Viewer 2.01 (from the first link you listed) and it works fine for me (10.3.3).
    Software is a gas... it expands to completely fill it's container.

That's odd. I tried that version as well, but when I double click on the icon nothing happens. Is it a droplet?

can someone explain what this is and why it's useful? thanks.

It's a small APP that lets you view Lightwave Objects.

i still don't really understand. i know what all my objects look like. it might be useful if i had a bunch of objects that i had no idea what they looked like. maybe be good for going through the extras on the nt cds. does it give info such as poly count and measurements? that would be helpful. see if objects will scale correctly in your scene.

Riki,

I downloaded from the first link you posted and it seems to work fine for me. (10.3.3)

Thanks for the tip!

I've tried them all but still no luck. Anyway got my Japanese GF to send him an email. I sometimes find that I can't launch freeware APPs downloaded from the web. But I think this is the first time since installing 10.3.3. I've repaired Disk Permissions but still no Joy

Hey pdrake. It's just a small APP that lets me quickly view LWOs. No special features from what I can tell.

Originally posted by pdrake
    i still don't really understand. i know what all my objects look like. it might be useful if i had a bunch of objects that i had no idea what they looked like. maybe be good for going through the extras on the nt cds. does it give info such as poly count and measurements? that would be helpful. see if objects will scale correctly in your scene.
    What if you want to quickly prototype an object for a client? Do you send him a copy of LW, or the LWO Viewer and the object file?

Sorry, sort of sarcastic, that. Really though, it's useful if you want to show your object to someone away from a LW workstation, or you want to quickly review what an object is.
    "One of the things we really have to impress upon people is that it is never good to be fed on by a blood-sucking insect"
    Dr. Anthony Marfin, CDC

okay. what i'd like is something that keeps a rendered frame open with a new frame next to it. i remember the pc had one a while back, i used it during 5.6. that way you could see the difference from one frame to the next.

Not working with me
    the app launches , but grey window?

Originally posted by pdrake
    okay. what i'd like is something that keeps a rendered frame open with a new frame next to it. i remember the pc had one a while back, i used it during 5.6. that way you could see the difference from one frame to the next.
    I never realized you can't do that, there's no way! That might be useful, but I prefer to see the image change in-place. Did you know you can switch between images in the viewer with the page up and page down keys?

LWO viewer works for me, 10.3.3, but note that Panther acts a little different on G4's and G5's. There's an audio app called Audacity that kills the audio and forces you to re-install the OS on G5's but apparently not G4's.
    Confirmed -
    No Weapons of Mass Destruction
    or links to Al Queda or 9/11. (Sep. 2003)

There's another one here, just released today http://www.kevs3d.co.uk/

The K3D Lightwave Object Viewer - Version 2.0.1
    It looks good, but PC only.

Did you know you can switch between images in the viewer with the page up and page down keys?
    You can also select a previous render (assuming you haven't closed Image Viewer FP) as a background and the latest render (or any of your choosing) as a foreground and blend between them - cute
    "Special power!"

Andrew G. Morgan ~ CG Gunslinger
    Survivor Films Ltd.
    London, UK
    Click here to email me!