Thread: Duo Dongle and License Keys for both Platforms

gah this sucks

Alright so I go out and buy a mac laptop thinking I can put in my dongle and it would be all good and I could use LW on both my PC tower when Im at home and on the Mac when I am on the go. Do I really have to pay $99 so that I can get a new key so that I can use it on both? Being a student I didnt think that somethign like that woudl be the case. Since I bought the software and its able to work on mac and pc and only one can be used at a time shouldnt I be allowed to use it on both for no charge?

Welcome to the world of Licenses!
    It's just a fact in the computer world.

Nice picture by the way!
    Ted R. Ruiz Sr.
    Ad-Venture Video Productions
    Elite NewTek Dealer
    www.editbay.tv
    TriCasters, Most All Models
    Cameras-Mostly HVX 200's

Talking

another reason to switch to flexlm

I wouldn't have thought you'd have to pay, as you own the software. The whole reason you get a dongle is to allow you to use it wherever you go...Chuck, any comment?

If Hellbring has a USB DUO dongle then yes, he can use it with his Mac version right away. Otherwise, if he has an older parallel or single version USB version we have to change the dongle over, which is why there is a cost.

B
    Ben Vost - NewTek LightWave 3D development
    LightWave 3D Trial Edition
    AMD Threadripper 1950X, Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, 32GB RAM, nVidia GeForce GTX 1050Ti (4GB and 768 CUDA cores) and GTX 1080 (8GB and 2560 CUDA cores) driver version 430.86
    AMD FX8350 4.2 GHz, Windows 7 SP1 Home Premium 64-bit, 16GB RAM, nVidia GeForce GTX 1050Ti (416.34, 4GB and 768 CUDA cores)
    Dell Server, Windows 10 Pro, Intel Xeon E3-1220 @3.10 GHz, 8 GB RAM, Quadro K620
    Laptop with Intel i7, nVidia Quadro 2000Mw/ 2GB (377.83 and 192 CUDA cores), Windows 10 Professional 64-bit, 8GB RAM
    Mac Mini 2.26 GHz Core 2 Duo, 4 GB RAM, 10.10.3

thank you beevee for that info.. I do indeed have a DUO dongle.

Yesterday I forwarded the link to this thread along to our customer services manager, who is having her staff follow up. The $99 exchange fee that our US-based operations formerly charged was reduced quite some time ago to $29.95 plus S/H.
    Chuck Baker
    Senior Manager of Communications
    NewTek, Inc.
    NewTek.com
    LightWave3D.com
    NewTek USA Facebook
    Twitter
    LinkedIn
    Software Developer's Dilemma: The better the new feature, the more feature requests it will generate. - C. Baker
    Please note that any statements regarding future product development are forward looking and subject to change without notice.

If you have a Duo dongle, just install LightWave on your Mac laptop, note the hardware lock ID that Layout and Modeler report, contact customer services and they will issue the license key for you. There is no additional charge for issuing the license keys for both platforms.
    Chuck Baker
    Senior Manager of Communications
    NewTek, Inc.
    NewTek.com
    LightWave3D.com
    NewTek USA Facebook
    Twitter
    LinkedIn
    Software Developer's Dilemma: The better the new feature, the more feature requests it will generate. - C. Baker
    Please note that any statements regarding future product development are forward looking and subject to change without notice.

Chuck, ya gotta quit giving things away for free!
    But I guess that's why so many people love you guys!
    Ted R. Ruiz Sr.
    Ad-Venture Video Productions
    Elite NewTek Dealer
    www.editbay.tv
    TriCasters, Most All Models
    Cameras-Mostly HVX 200's