Thread: License key??

License key??

How long does it usually take to get your license key from Newtek after you register? I got 7.5 (educational) and filled out the registration last Wednesday, but haven't gotten a license key yet. I only have 8 days left with the temp license so I thought I'd ask before it stops working. Also, since I just now registered through Newtek will I need to do anything with regards to getting the upgrade to version 8? Thanks.

Re: License key??

Originally posted by Caligo
    How long does it usually take to get your license key from Newtek after you register? I got 7.5 (educational) and filled out the registration last Wednesday, but haven't gotten a license key yet. I only have 8 days left with the temp license so I thought I'd ask before it stops working. Also, since I just now registered through Newtek will I need to do anything with regards to getting the upgrade to version 8? Thanks.

Hey, first off....WELCOME!!!!

Now onto the question at hand. From trolling around these boards, I have found that filling out the registration on the website may take some time. You may want to call them directly, they will give you the key over the phone and you will be all done. As for the upgrade, you can ask them when you have them on the phone.

Happy Wavin'
    "The dream is in the music and life is in the dance. Don't stop believin'" - Journey

For registering 7.5 I did it thru email and I received my permanent license within 36 hours.

For [8] it's now web-based and I received my permanent license in 30 seconds!
    Humans are pretty much monkeys with car keys.

I guess something must have gone wrong then, because I registered online a week ago and still haven't received it. Sounds about right considering my luck lately. Thanks for the responses, I'll give them a call tomorrow.

You may want to try this page. If you've already registered and have a login, this should contain your information for LW8 and UVEditPro.

http://register.newtek.com/Register.aspx

I got up this morning and my license key was waiting in my e-mail inbox, so I guess I got paranoid about 12 hours too early.

I don't have a login so I can't check that page.