Thread: Look! I can scribble with the right mouse button!

Look! I can scribble with the right mouse button!

The same-o same-o. Can anyone report of a single bug squash in LW 8? Layout still crashes when using "Load from Scene", "Clearing Scene" and "Replace Object". And Modeler still allows you to scribble to your hearts content. I was really looking forward to these bugs being squashed, they are just downright annoying. Will Newtek address these issues with 8.5?

Cheers
    Tim
    Attached Images Attached Images

I am Jack's cold sweat Karmacop's Avatar
    What's wrong with the scribbling?

That's not a bug. That's for lasso selecting points/polygons. Or are you being satirical here? Or am I missing something?

Um, I've been scribbling with the right mouse button many versions ago.

I use it to select polys and points.
    -----------------
    KC

hey guy's-- look at the Object popup at the top, you'll see a object called Playstation2, but in the window no geometry or grid is visible. Also, when you lasso select, doesn't the lasso normally drop and make the selection. If you look at the screen grab you'll see start points and end points of the lasso. The only way to get out of this mode is to restart Modeler. This particular bug was in 7.5 and now 8 as well. I don't think it is PC or graphics card related, because I've had this happen on many occasions with 3 different machines.

I am Jack's cold sweat Karmacop's Avatar
    Have you reported this to Newtek? I've never seen or heard of this. I'd say it's your video card/drivers, but if all 3 machines have different setups .. I'm not sure what the problem is

I use modeller a lot and have never seen this problem. Do the PCs have different graphics card brands or are they the same?

Nvidia TI 4400 P4 3.02ghz, ATI 9800Pro P4 2.4ghz., and an older TNT card with PII 450mhz. I've experianced this bug on a semi regular basis (once a week or so) on all three machines.

never had this prob at all in Lw, and i have a craaap graphic card.
    Nemoid | Illustrator | 3D artist
    .::Creating for you::.

Co-founder of

www.lwita.com italian/english Lw forum

Maybe it could be a graphics software app running in the background conflicting with LWs dispay. I don't know.

How did u get the neato cursor when u right click and scribble??

Everytime I do it, I get the regular X. Are u sure u aren't accidentally activating a command??
    Current system Specs:
    4gb ddr2 1066
    dual 9600 gt (512mb each) running SLI
    9600 black edition amd
    780a nvidia chipset
    XP Pro or XP Pro 64 or Windows 7

One more question,

What mouse/mouse software are u using?? Is it the same stuff on every PC?? Perhaps the mouse software is entering a keycode or has a small glitch type error. I know that Logitech's old software has problems with extra buttons. Mine occasionally crashes the program when I use me 2 scroll buttons or doesn't work right. (I use a logitech marble mouse and am tooo lasy to update the software).
    Current system Specs:
    4gb ddr2 1066
    dual 9600 gt (512mb each) running SLI
    9600 black edition amd
    780a nvidia chipset
    XP Pro or XP Pro 64 or Windows 7

retinajoy---That's possible. I usually have the following apps up and running all day. Outlook, 3D Browser, Adobe Photoshop, Corel Photopaint, ACDSee, MS Internet Explorer and of course LW.
    MiniFireDragon--- That's not a cursor, that's some selected geometry-- actually that's the power button of the PS2 I was working on when this glitch happened. Notice that you don't see any other geometry, I can assure you it's there. This always happens when I switch views using the numeric keys. BTW I am able to save the object before I exit Modeler, so I am not loosing any work! I am using a standard MS wheel mouse.