Thread: lw 8 HBD causes layout to crash

lw 8 HBD causes layout to crash

i have been playing around with the Hard body dynamics and it causes layout to crash when i try to put it on a more complex model like the satelite model that comes with lightwave or a A-wing model some one made. it just freezes or is going super slow and then i get a not responding thing from windows. is this an issue that should be addressed?

I'm getting the same thing. By the way, 2.6 GHz P4, 1Gb ram, 64 Mb graphics ram.

my specs 2.8 ghrz p4 1 gig ddr 3200 ram 128 meg vid card

now this kinda makes me wonder if the whole hard body dynamics are that good if it seems to crash or lag really bad even when trying to use it on the satelite model?

Newbie Member
    While using dynamic realities Impact for hard dynamics, I always had to build a substitute model for the collision part of the animation. Its not a bad workflow because it allows you to maintain control over the way your model breaks.

Overly complex models require too many calculations and the system will seem to hang.

well i dont think the satelite model that comes with lw is that complex

While calculating dynamics I always get a Not Responding if you click your mouse pointer away from Lightwave. Howard brought this up a few days ago.

I'm starting to feel that we have now became paid beta testers for Newtek. The only difference is that we are the ones who are paying instead of the other way around.

And for kicks: 2200+, 1256 GB RAM, 256 MB Graphics cards.
    ImageReality.com

"Relax...it's just an update for the patch to fix the nerf that nerfed the fix for the update of the patch that broke the fix that was fixed."

Late 2013 MacPro 12 Core

i hope they fix this and release a free update to fix it

I'm sure they will, I have a feeling that they might go back the way they use to on updates. In the early days you would see updates go through the alphabet twice. For instance 8.0zz.
    ImageReality.com

"Relax...it's just an update for the patch to fix the nerf that nerfed the fix for the update of the patch that broke the fix that was fixed."

Late 2013 MacPro 12 Core

hehe how long ago was that. lol