Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Official LW8 arrived here Thread!

Just my luck... the damn registration page isn't working! When I click on the 'Register [8]' link, I get the following:

Server Error in '/' Application.

SQL Server does not exist or access denied.
    Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: SQL Server does not exist or access denied.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[SqlException: SQL Server does not exist or access denied.]
    System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.Open() +761
    OnlineReg.DB.GetDR(String sqlText)
    Register.Register.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e)
    System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e) +67
    System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +29
    System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain() +724

Version Information:_Microsoft .NET Framework Version:1.0.3705.288; ASP.NET Version:1.0.3705.288

Registration page is back up and everything went smoothly.

Also worth noting, my LW8 had the serial # printed on labels which were both on the inside and outside of the CD case, not on the mailing envelope. Also, my CDs are pressed, not CD-Rs. I do know that mine shipped directly from NewTek and not from the fulfillment house. Perhaps they sent CD-Rs to get the first batch out asap while the pressed CDs were being made.

I haven't received my copy yet. Was told it would take 1 - 2 weeks. Well this is the start of the third week. Hopefully I'll get it soon, or I guess I better call customer support.

LW Watcher
    I'm in the UK and LW8 arrived for me today. 4x CD-R in a very nice case designed for four CDs (even with some artwork done by some Europeans). So my personal wait and frustration are over.

When I checked with Newtek-Europe that my letterbox was compatible, they checked out my status and said it would arrive within ten days. It did.

Good luck to the rest of you guys out there, I hope I'm not alone in getting LW8 today. It seems we'll have to wait for Proton to write his memoirs to discover what's been going on.

Paul

Bristol UK here...
    LW8 was on my doorstep when I awoke this morning.
    Funky box (broken by Royal Mail's cack-handedness!), with 4 burned CDs (not pressed as mentioned by some other users)

Have been biting my lip and resisting posting any complaints about delays so far, however, now that my copy has arrived, I do have one word of warning for European users still waiting:

I upgraded in November and paid my money (like everyone else). My copy of DFX+ arrived, along with an additional set of 7.5 CDs.

I set these aside, as I already had 7.5 installed from my other set of CDs (sent when I bought 7.5 as an upgrade from 6.5)

Got very confused when everyone started thanking Newtek for UVEditPro as I never received an email about it.

All communications with Newtek Europe re. my undelivered upgrade to 8 were ignored, until finally I got a reply saying I was not eligable for the free upgrade, as I had not registered my copy of 7.5. What they meant was I had not registered the new Serial # of Lightwave received with DFX+

Since I have been a Lightwave user from v4, I thought the sending of the additional CDs to be a waste of resources, and to expect me to regiser the new CDs serial # was a little silly.

However, as soon as I registered the new serial number (even though I am still using my original license BTW!) I received the UVEditPro email, and a confirmation that my LW8 upgrade was on its way...

Very disorganised and frustrating, but it's here now, so no more complaining!

I wanted to mention this, because if there are any LW users in Europe still waiting for their copy (like me, for 6 months!) then make sure you have registered the extra copy of 7.5 you may have received when you paid for your upgrade to 8 - otherwise you will be waiting indefinitely for your LW8 license to arrive...
    Last edited by nlightuk; 05-18-2004 at 02:57 AM.
    Do Placebos cause side-effects?
    If so, are the side-effects real?

Newbie Member
    Mine just plonked through my letterbox this morning, all 4 discs, and everything worked like a charm, fantastic extra discs as well the tutorials are fantastic the rigid body dynamics look amazing!

Can't wait to get home and get on

Thanks Newtek all good things come to those who wait!!!!

Rich

Hey Rich

Just up the road from you in Horfield - been hoping there were some other 'wavers in my vicinity. Glad to know that there are!

Mail me off-forum if you wanna discuss a meet to chat about LW8 (or before) and possibly organise a SW user-group perhaps?

Regards

Adam
    Do Placebos cause side-effects?
    If so, are the side-effects real?

Newbie Member
    West country dominance!!!!

I shall put some time aside to get to grips with it. Glad to know someone else will hear my screams

Finally got it today - aside from having to clean some schmutz off the program CD with formula 409 (about fell over when the CD wouldn't read - it was just sticker goo), everything went perfectly.

The install and register process worked, and my initial "make sure it's working with some existing scene" tests went through without a hitch.

The interface is visibly faster, and general UI stuff behaves much more quickly than it did (dual 1.25 G4).

I'll have time to dig into it tonight with the project that's been sitting here waiting for LW8 to show up, but for now all looks well. What a relief :P

Got mine yesterday and I had ordered less than a month ago.
    Between the eyes and ears there lie the sounds of color and the light of a sigh.

got mine yesterday...ordered feb.... manchester uk

Please tell me that was February 2003!

[And yeah I do know you couldn't order in Feb. 2003 ]
    Forum Tips
    If English is your first language, you should know it's 'losing' and not 'loosing'!

hey cagey5.... another manc... have you got yours yet

Nope. Still waiting. You work with it or a hobbyist?
    Forum Tips
    If English is your first language, you should know it's 'losing' and not 'loosing'!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast