Thread: im new and need help

Newbie Member

im new and need help

I have Lightwave 5.5 and i also have a problem. On my dialog boxes in layout and modeler i cannot read what is in them. I have tryed using the color changing plugin that come with it but it does not change anything. It is getting aggraveting I have to highlite everything just be able to read whats in them. If anybody nows anything about it or if anybody still even uses 5.5 and could tell me anything i would be greatfull. Thank you all for helping out a newcomer.

are you saying you can not see your objects name please give a better discription of the problem

Stuper Member
    I think this is a problem with windows xp and foreign language packages. If you are running xp and have a languages that you don't need try getting rid of them.

Newbie Member
    Lets say for instance, im creating a box and i click on numeric. In the box that pops up, where the boxes are that you enter your value there is number in there but i can't read them unless i highlite them first. the font color is yellow and the box color is white. and i can't figure out how to change the font color. i have tried changing it on windows but that don't work, it don't effect lightwave. i have also used the color changing plugin but it don't do anything

It might be a graphics card thing. also is Lw5.5 compatable with XP? is that your operating system?. Also are your geaphics card drivers the lastest? Is this on a clean newer system?

W8ing over .5 wks 2 long gregsduncan's Avatar
    Really sounds like a graphics card problem (or possibly if you have any Windows Themes set up). Check the colour depth in your settings too.

LW 5.5

I hope your problem is fixed by now but if it is not I had the same problem and it was a graphic card problem.