Results 1 to 14 of 14

Thread: Cool Plug-in!

  1. #1

  2. #2
    Pixel realestate agent
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    n
    Posts
    1,563
    that the movie displays lightwave in osx is enuff for me to be interested!

  3. #3
    Newbie Member dark_lotus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    new york | usa
    Posts
    64
    Pity he wont release it for free, however it does look like an excellent tool!

  4. #4
    LW Watcher
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    1,484
    For $35, you could hardly complain!

    Paul

  5. #5
    Registered User mbaldwin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    brooklyn
    Posts
    138
    yeah,

    when this plug comes out, it would be an excellent time for us Mac users to give the ultimate props to Richard Brak: Buy his plug-in! He's given his time generously by recompiling 3rd party plugs that otherwise would not have made it to the Mac.

    The nice thing is, his rounder plug-in looks excellent. So even if you're not feeling charitable, you'll probably want to buy his plug anyway cause of all the cool things it does. This is one I'm really looking forward to.

  6. #6
    Unregistered & unhinged
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Los Angeles, California
    Posts
    5
    So, how do you get around how it created some very multi-sided polygons if you wanted to bring that object into Sub-Ds?

    -Tom

  7. #7
    You may be pleased to hear that the Mac version will be released a week ot two before the PC version

  8. #8
    If you use the "high density mode" and make sure none of the edges you round terminate (ie only closed loops of rounded edges are rounded), then ONLY quads are created - was that your query?



    Originally posted by moovieboy
    So, how do you get around how it created some very multi-sided polygons if you wanted to bring that object into Sub-Ds?

    -Tom

  9. #9
    I second this :-)

    Originally posted by mbaldwin
    yeah,

    when this plug comes out, it would be an excellent time for us Mac users to give the ultimate props to Richard Brak: Buy his plug-in! He's given his time generously by recompiling 3rd party plugs that otherwise would not have made it to the Mac.

    The nice thing is, his rounder plug-in looks excellent. So even if you're not feeling charitable, you'll probably want to buy his plug anyway cause of all the cool things it does. This is one I'm really looking forward to.

  10. #10
    An absolute give away!


    Originally posted by pauland
    For $35, you could hardly complain!

    Paul

  11. #11
    geez,

    please people, for the love of god... how in the world can you possibly ask someone, anyone to MAKE SOMETHING FREE?!?!?!

    i mean, that's beyond ballsy! that's beyond any and all form of ettiquette that i know of.... i can't help but be absolutely bewildered and amazed everytime i see this on message boards!

    some people make plugins and put em out for free. that is their prerogative. it is not at all their OBLIGATION!

    and if they make some plugs that cost - whatever they decide to put the price at, the only thing you could really do is not buy it. perhaps you can argue for a lower price. but to just come right out and ask for it to be free?!?!?!

    not to mention mr. brak has a bunch of free plugs at his site to boot.

    rant mode going off but geez.... and believe me, i'm not ultra capitalist man either. i'm all for things like open source and such. but if someone decides to charge for something they made, that's every bit within their rights and it really is unreasonable to ask for it for free.... isn't that abundantly clear?

    rant mode off.

    -------------------------------------------------------------------------

    anyhoo, the plug in looks fan-freaking-tastic. and it's affordable even to a miserly curmudgeon like me.

    the very next thing which compels me to create routering and such and i'm getting it. i'm really impressed by how it deals with the corners of two routered edges that meet up. very very nice.

    jin

  12. #12
    oh,

    and btw richard, please let us know with a big announcement at newtek message boards when you release this!

    i've actually had my eye on it for QUITE A WHILE NOW!

    errr, let me know when the windows version comes out though....

    jin

  13. #13
    So, you get my money the moment this one comes out!

    -j

  14. #14
    Will do!



    Originally posted by jin choung
    oh,

    and btw richard, please let us know with a big announcement at newtek message boards when you release this!

    i've actually had my eye on it for QUITE A WHILE NOW!

    errr, let me know when the windows version comes out though....

    jin

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •