Thread: LW Layout basic item control problem?

Question LW Layout basic item control problem?

Hi people,

I have just purchased lightwave 7.5 duo and it looks very complete and full of potential,... i'm very happy with it!

I previously used 3ds so I know the essentials of 3d software

I'm a complete newcomer to Lightwave though, but i'm reading through the official manual and also inside lightwave by dan ablan.

I've got a simple problem, it's no biggie but I'm working through the chapter on modifiying objects in layout and I cannot find the item tab > tools > additive tab...

Has it been removed in version 7.5?

Also I registered the free uveditpro thingy and that gives me a "registration not found" message

any help appreciated

cheers

Welcome to the LW community

I couldn't find that tool either, but another way of doing that would be to write for example "+ 5m" at the end of the axis you wish to add onto in the numerican panel at bottom left corner, You can also do - * + / aswell, probly others too!
    Last edited by HailStorm; 03-14-2004 at 09:13 AM.

Lightbulb

Thanks for the advice, will give it a try

cheers

I'm not familiar with this 'additive tab' either, what is it you're trying to do?

btw, you can do any math you want in the numeric fields!
    Confirmed -
    No Weapons of Mass Destruction
    or links to Al Queda or 9/11. (Sep. 2003)

Smile

Not really bothered about the function, just the location...

The additive tool as described in the book is very basic for adding values to move, stretch, size etc...but I can't find it anywhere. I wondered if it was a plugin that needed loading or something that had been deemed redundent in the 7.5 upgrade.

In my manual it is chapter 7 part 11 and i simply cannot locate it anywhere on my menu interface, it's a familarisation thing, I wanted to find where all the menus and sub menus are, it seems that this is printed in the manual but doesn't actual exist in my version?

No big deal, just irritating when trying to be thorough 'on the learning curve'

thanks for the advice

cheers

I remember seeing that in the manual, but never looked for it... maybe it's in the manual from way back, and never removed.

Anyway, I found the commands, they just don't appear as buttons anymore. Under Layout/Interface/Edit Menu layout,
    then under Motion on the left side. You can install buttons in the interface here if you want. Just drag from the left to the right.

There've been numerous complaints about the manual, you're not alone, don't hesitate to ask here! This is a great forum.
    Confirmed -
    No Weapons of Mass Destruction
    or links to Al Queda or 9/11. (Sep. 2003)