Thread: Need help with animation...

Need help with animation...

Hi,

I need help with an animation I am working on now, I guess this might be quite "simple" for a lot of you. In essence I want to animate "cables" growing out from a object.

If you have seen Bjorks video "Cocoon", then i'm after a similar effect.

Does anyone have any thoughts/tips/suggestions?

All the best.

/Kim

Use endomorphs to create the various phases of the cable in Modeler, then you can clone and animate the cables in Layout?

You probably should start with the "final" version of the cable, and work backwards to the beginning, to maintain the point count and relationship.

If you haven't worked with endomorphs, find a tutorial or two, and read the manual to learn the rules!
    "One of the things we really have to impress upon people is that it is never good to be fed on by a blood-sucking insect"
    Dr. Anthony Marfin, CDC

Ok!

Mlinde,

thanks for the info. I kind of figured that I had to use endomorphs. Will look into that.

Cheers!

/Kim

ShortsightedSithAssassin
    Just a thought - I have the Hoser plug-in (part of the Taft collection from Worley), and I'm pretty sure this could be used to do a bang-up job of extending tentacles/hoses.

You'd have to make multiple hoses, joined by nulls (if I recall) but the plus-point is that you can work and animate them directly in Layout. And you could then also keyframe scale and rotation values as well.

It's a seemingly simple plug-in but very useful.

Hey Darth,

yeah that certainly looked straightforward...
    I guess they don't have a demo out there?
    199$ Is a lot of mone for the need of one plugin

i'll try the endomorph angle first.

Cheers!

/Kim