Hello all,

Some of you may know me, but for those of you who don’t my name is Todd Grimes and I’m co-founder along with TJ Sullivan of Evil Plan Studios. Our website is: www.evil-plan.com.

We had a discussion recently on the good ol days of big expo’s such as the LENY Expo, Newtek Day in LA etc. We attended all of these shows and always enjoyed them and what they offered. We came to the conclusion that we’d like to try and organize a similar event for our 3d community. We would propose a “Character Animation Expo” focusing on expert advice and techniques. The show would feature artist speakers from studios like Manix, Tippet, Nickelodeon etc. We would also have demo reel/portfolio reviews and lots of free content etc. While Lightwave would be a focus (since we’re a Lightwave using studio) it wouldn’t necessarily be solely a LW show. The focus would be on theories and techniques of character animation, as demo’d by industry professionals in various 3d packages.

The next thing to consider for us is location. The logical spot for us would be Los Angeles since we’re based in the LA area. The downside being that it seems as though people always do things in LA and that the area has gotten saturated. Other possible considerations for us are New York or Las Vegas.

A deciding factor for the show getting off the ground will be attendance. If we cant draw a big enough crowd it may not be worth it. We’re not looking to gain anything financially by this. We’re only looking to bring back the opportunities to aspiring 3D artists that we had in something that we’d like to become an annual event. To accomplish this we need your support! So, we’re asking for feedback. Pleas email us at [email protected] and let us know if this is something you’d be interested in, what city you’d like to see it in, and if you’d be willing to pay something like $50 - $75 or so to get in.

Thanks for your time,

Todd Grimes
TJ Sullivan

Evil Plan Studios