Thread: Erode Effect

Erode Effect

Does anyone know of another way to achieve the 'eroding effect' that you can apply on a grey-scale elevation in Bryce? I have tried to import / export my home-made terrain grey scales in Bryce to use this feature, but I can't get anyhting larger than a thumbnail out of Bryce. I do not want to freeze the mesh and export the terrain out of bryce becuase it has too many poly's. I like use the 'Object\Displacement Texture' option on a subD plane in Lightwave much better.

Is there an 'Erode FX' plug-in I can use in Photoshop to tweak 1024x1024 or 2048x2048 gey-scale elevation maps?
    Attached Images Attached Images

What version of bryce are you using? 5 has the ability to increase the size of the preview window. then you can do a screen grab take that photoshop apply a blur to get rid of pixelation then use that for displacement in LW. However the subpatch level needed for the detail... you might just as well us the exported highpoly model. Layout freezes subd's at render time so either way your really using high poly models.
    64 bit Win 7 Enterprise
    Dual Intel(R) Xeon Quad Core 2.93GHz
    RAM 24.0 GB
    NVIDIA Quadro FX 5800
    Driver Version 259.81

Hi there

I don't know about Bryce but newtek has a tutorial about creating mountainous landscapes by Gregory duquesne.

www.newtek.com/products/lightwave/tutorials/ surface/texturing/texturing_landscape.html

it's probably not what you are after but it's well worth a look

regards

paul
    Mac Pro 2 x 3.2ghz Quad core Intel Zeon 4GB ram Nvidia GeForce 8800 GT

this is my profile

http://www.newtek-europe.com/uk/comm...baguley/1.html