Thread: Render Question

Render Question

I rendered an animation and decided there were some things I wasn't happy about. I tweaked what I didn't like and I went to render again. Now when I click render it begins the process but then after the first frame it says: Error: cannot write stream. As far as I can tell I didn't change any render settings. Does anybody know what causes this? Luckily I have the original render to fall back if needed.

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks

HD out of space?
    Or trying to overwrite some file that is write protected/in use?

Lynx3d hit the nail on the head i think, u probably still have the first animation open (in an editor or player) and havn't changed the filename in the render output so its trying to save it over the top of the first render which it cant cos the file is in use, if u dont have it open and it still does it try renaming or moving the old animation out of the folder ur trying to save the new one in, or change the new renders path or filename to something else.

James..
    uh wha?

I do believe SpankDaddy IS ON TARGET.

LLW
    NEW TO THE LW COMMUNITY
    Where is the magical button that fixes all my problems?

Thanks for the replies. I managed to figure it out before I got a chance to come back on. It seems to be dependent on two things...the fact that the file was open in another program, as you guys suggested, and the compression type I select.

Thanks again

i had this same problem when using DIVX - one day it rendered, the next day it wouldn't. i didn't have any files open or anything, tho, and it only affected one series of files; all the rest were OK.

I've had the problem before and it all has to do with the codec. I only use the divx codec so I can't speak for any of the other ones. Usually, if I close the program and reopen it, it seems to work fine for me. Save your scene first of course.