Thread: Better Fog

I'd rather be drumming

Better Fog

this has always been on my "LW wish list" so to speak. i think it would b great if the build in LW fog controls affected the background. for example, if i have added Eki's skygen to my scene, as well as fog, the scene will look fine n dandy until the background (skygen) renders, and the fog is not affecting it at all. maybe there is already a way to do this. i have tried using groundfog, but the falloff controls never give a nice soft edge, like one used to be able to achieve with the old steamer plugin. so thats just a thought... and this applies to all background images, not just skygen, that was just an example. but if anyone knows if this is already possible, please let me know... i would love to know how! thanx

Actually LW Fog is very flexible and intuitive, and there are several "layers" of control you can have.

Natively Backdrop Colors or Solid Color can be used, and every object has a Percentage of Fog Influence on Object Properties Panel allowing you per object control.

If you add an Enviroment plugin like Texture Wolrd, or you use a HDR image for this, then these colors R E P L A CE backdrop and Fog colors.

Using Gradient in Texture World on Pitch you can generate Ground Fog very easily.

The only weakness I would like to see sometime, is a shader-based fog applied per surface, but its just a luxury anyway

I'd rather be drumming
    hmmm... interesting, ill give that a try, thanx panikos