Thread: New script

New script : co-planar points

Hi all,

This is a very simple script I want to share with everyone. I'm not sure if exists something similar but I wrote this today to help me with a project and I hadn't time to do the search.

This script creates a point based in the position of other 3 points (basic vector geometry), the 4 points are co-planar (all are in the same plane). You can find the script here.
    Last edited by Titus; 01-22-2004 at 09:57 AM.

nice, for what did you need this. I havent figured out yet a situation where i need this point.

But it works

This is a good question. I-m working now in architectonic visualization and my models are very simetric.

interesting! it look like Speedy.p from SpaceDesign.
    thanks for sharing! it work vey well!
    Last edited by papou; 01-26-2004 at 04:54 PM.

I don't why you have this problem, the script works for me if I select the points one by one. I'm using LW 7.5, can you give me more details on your configuration?

Thanks for pointing me to speedy, I'll write another script to create a quad polygon from 3 points.

Voilá!

The new script is called Speedy Polygon and it creates a four point polygon.

Many thanks Titus, will give it a whirl.

You've got something wrong with the math in there acctually, as all I'm getting are parallelograms instead of rectangles. I would suggest you to take a look at the first paranthesis (on every line). You could simplify things by making the calculations with the vectors directly too. There is no need to split them up into the individual axis in this case.

Nice otherwise.
    Last edited by evenflcw; 01-26-2004 at 07:47 PM.

Hi evenflcw,

Yes, the idea is to create parallelograms and not rectangles, this is because of the problem it was intended to solve initially.

You're right about the vectors, sometimes obvious things are not so obvious, code changed.