Thread: Cafepress

Super Duper Member! :)

Cafepress

I am getting ready to do the final steps to get a 2 disk royalty free cd set on cafepress. I've read a few places that you should not use cafepress http://www.giveneyestosee.com/say-no-to-cafepress/ but based on what I've read/seen it looks like a reputable place to sell stuff since it has the highest payback rate.. they are the cheapest place I've seen that can do cd printing and reproduction with descent looking jewel cases so far... and their products look professional... basically anything you put over their Base Rate is yours if I'm reading it right... I'm planning on doing this to put my images that are listed on Turbosquid all in one collection of 2 cds. I originally was going to try using Turbosquid since they offer to sell your CDs but what they don't tell you until you inquire about it is that the Author is responsible for checking email daily, and physically reproducing and sending out the CDs... turbosquid would just be taking a large percentage of your money for advertising, basically... Has anyone had any experience with Cafepress, good or bad? Please post...
    Last edited by meshmaster; 01-07-2004 at 10:07 AM.
    If you want a REAL DEAL go to http://www.cafeshops.com/mastermesh where you can get over 4000 jpg files on cd for $18.99

I tried cafepress to sell T-shirts and coffee mugs to rise funds for my site (deathfall.com) but the base price is too high (I know 13-20 dollars in the US for a T-shirt is common, but here in Latin America is too high) and you need many orders to get some income. A few days after I built the online store they changed the agreement, I can't remember exactly the new terms but I didn't like it, so I left the idea of the store.

my only expierence with cafepress was as a consumer. I bought some cgtalk coffe mugs there. as a consumer, it was about what i expected from online shopping... confirmation emails etc etc... overall a good expierence
    Chris Moschella