Thread: TC-1 Skype Channels - Can't connect

TC-1 Skype Channels - Can't connect

Can anyone assist? I have a TC-1 which was just updated to the latest software version. I'm trying to connect TWO Skype TX channels running on another machine on the same network as the TC-1. I can ping the TC-1 from the Skype TX machine without issue. I can add the channels but I'm not able to connect as both channels show "Error". It goes on to say "Oops! An unknown error has occurred. Operation could be resumed by choosing Retry below..."

Any idea why I can connect these TWO Skype TX channels to the TC-1? The version of Skype TX I'm running is 2.19.505.1

regards,

MLL

Quote Originally Posted by mlambr01 View Post
    Can anyone assist? I have a TC-1 which was just updated to the latest software version. I'm trying to connect TWO Skype TX channels running on another machine on the same network as the TC-1. I can ping the TC-1 from the Skype TX machine without issue. I can add the channels but I'm not able to connect as both channels show "Error". It goes on to say "Oops! An unknown error has occurred. Operation could be resumed by choosing Retry below..."

Any idea why I can connect these TWO Skype TX channels to the TC-1? The version of Skype TX I'm running is 2.19.505.1

regards,

MLL
    Have you added a Windows password to the system? Skype TX will not operate without a password (the it can't be blank, which is the default for the TC1 out of the box).
    Kane Peterson
    Key Accounts Sales Engineer
    NewTek, Inc.

Quote Originally Posted by kanep View Post
    Have you added a Windows password to the system? Skype TX will not operate without a password (the it can't be blank, which is the default for the TC1 out of the box).
    Yes, I did create a user account on the TC-1 with a password. Is the problem that I created a different username than the default on the TC-1?

Quote Originally Posted by mlambr01 View Post
    Yes, I did create a user account on the TC-1 with a password. Is the problem that I created a different username than the default on the TC-1?
    You need to add a password to the TC1 user account. I'm assuming that is the account you are running the TriCaster software under?
    Kane Peterson
    NewTek, Inc.

Quote Originally Posted by kanep View Post
    You need to add a password to the TC1 user account. I'm assuming that is the account you are running the TriCaster software under?
    Did that and same issue. Channels can't connect to the TC-1 from Skype TX...

Can you take a picture of the screen so I can see what the exact error message is.
    Kane Peterson
    NewTek, Inc.

See attached screenshot:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2019-07-03 at 11.12.18 AM.png 
Views:	11 
Size:	79.5 KB 
ID:	145381

If you haven't contacted support I'd recommend starting there. I was hoping the error message would give me more of a clue, but I'm not sure what is setup incorrectly.

https://www.newtek.com/support/get-support/
    Kane Peterson
    NewTek, Inc.