Thread: Skype fails to see NDI Audio feed from camera

Skype fails to see NDI Audio feed from camera

I'm running Skype with the NDIHX-PTZ1 Camera, using the NDI Virtual Input application. I have a post-mix feed running into the Camera Audio Input via 3.5mm cable.

Skype sees the camera and the video feed, but sometimes doesn't see the NDI audio feed (no levels). If I toggle between None and Camera in the Virtual Input settings, that will get the NDI audio working. Sometimes when I start and connect a call, Skype says there is a microphone error - the microphone settings have changed and the NDI audio stops working. Toggling between none and the camera in the Virtual Input settings again will fix this. Sometimes I need to restart both applications.

Is there a way to ensure that the NDI audio connection will always work?

Skype 8.46.0.60 (not from the Windows story)
    Windows 10
    NDI Tools 3.8
    NDIHX-PTZ1 Camera with 3.5mm audio input

Confirming that trying to use NDI audio as also a problem with Zoom conferencing. Luckily, Zoom can see the system audio, so I can select the audio source as "Stereo Mix" and run NewTek Studio Monitor for an audio feed.

When I use "Line (NewTek NDI Audio)" as a microphone source, while running Virtual Input, the audio quality is quite bad. In fact, there are often click sounds like there is a bit rate issue. Will there be a solution from NewTek?