Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Poser 11 Pro (with LW PoserFusion plugin) new owner and sales

Poser 11 Pro (with LW PoserFusion plugin) new owner and sales

Two fresh PR's about Poser being sold to 3D content reseller Renderosity from SmithMicro. On the new Poser site and Renderosity, there is a sale now, new Poser Pro 11 is 199$ (349) and upgrades from any Poser version >6 is 99$ (was not available for non-Pro). Only the Pro version is being sold now, which includes the PoserFusion plugin for easy/fast LW export of the 5GB of content included and most other 3D data for Poser and Daz Studio (G7, G8 characters with limited support).

Some links:
    https://www.posersoftware.com/
    https://www.renderosity.com/poser-at...sity-cms-21497
    https://www.businesswire.com/news/ho...-3D-Rendering/

Some info about the PoserFusion plugin for LW (and C4D, 3dsmax) below. The new site has not yet added the all the product info.

https://blog.smithmicro.com/poser-fusion-plugins

https://web.archive.org/web/20190214...n-plugins.html

A list of the 5GB of content included:
    https://web.archive.org/web/20181220...e-content.html

I use Poser and the Poser Fusion plugin for Lightwave is great, up to version 2015. I tried using it on 2018 but it had some problems. Have not tried it on 2019 yet.

Any word if Renderosity is going to continue to develop Poser?

FWIW, the acquisition is subtlety covering up the death of Shade 3D standalone license, which was being sold as Version 16 permanent licenses in the Smith Micro store - all versions including Shade 3D Professional - but now seems to have been quietly airbrushed out of history by the Poser transfer.
    Last edited by TheLexx; 06-21-2019 at 10:01 AM.

Share 3D seems to have survived as a rental only v19 version, but that is for another thread, if there is any info about its Poser plugin. https://shade3d.jp/en/products/Shade...9_product.html
    /Edit Also gone from other stores like daz3d, the Japanese dev team took over sales and marketing.

Not much info about future Poser development yet. Speculation that the dev team in Portugal is not included in the deal. The old forum had a dev thread that I think mentioned development ongoing for Poser 12, but that thread is gone for some time.

Others have mentioned that the LW Poser plugin works 100% up to LW 2015 and that most functions work in LW 2018 and 2019. Maybe there are some older threads here with the problems of the old plugin with newer LWs...
    Last edited by Free4Ever; 06-21-2019 at 12:44 PM.

I only have the non-Pro version of Poser 11. The status of PoserFusion for Lightwave export didn't impress enough to go all the way. I hope they're committed to finally upgrading it.
    System:

i7-8086K / GTX 1080 / 32GB RAM

Quote Originally Posted by Bernie2Strokes View Post
    The status of PoserFusion for Lightwave export didn't impress enough to go all the way. I hope they're committed to finally upgrading it.
    Looks doubtfull at the present time, as I have seen mounting concern about any Renderosity software development credentials. My hunch is not too much was paid, like SM were happy to give away Poser with their Golden Rasberry Award .... if you know what I mean.

Quote Originally Posted by TheLexx View Post
    Looks doubtfull at the present time, as I have seen mounting concern about any Renderosity software development credentials. My hunch is not too much was paid, like SM were happy to give away Poser with their Golden Rasberry Award .... if you know what I mean.
    Their Marketing department sent me an e-mail reply. They said they're still new at this and they do plan on further developing and improving it down the road. Sometime in the future?
    System:

Thanks for the update Bernie.
    Another forum mentioned confirmation that only the Pro version (with LW PoserFusion) will be sold from now. It will be priced as the old non-Pro, so I guess close to the current sale prices of 199/99$ for new/update. Update from any old version is generous, was not like that before and maybe time limited now.

Does anyone know if Renderosity is sticking with the server system which "phones home" every few months or if that is dispensed with ?

Quote Originally Posted by TheLexx View Post
    Does anyone know if Renderosity is sticking with the server system which "phones home" every few months or if that is dispensed with ?

Hoo boy, I sure hope they get rid of that!

I have several systems on my team that aren't connected to the internet and the manual activation is a major pain in my backside.

A status update by a forum admin at the new owners site. I Highlighted the important parts. The other text is about the hostile forum discussions.

jennblake ( ) ( ) Site Admin posted at 10:23PM Sun, 30 June 2019 · @4355558
    This thread needs to get back to the initial intent. We have purchased the software. We do have plans for development that will be announced soon.

If all of us here want the same thing, and it seems we do, then let's just say we'll work together to make Poser and the content for it as good as we possibly can. All I personally have ever wanted is to see Poser thrive as well as the users and the vendors who support it. Attacking each other does no one any good. I thought maybe we were past the days where every conversation that was about Poser ended up at this end. Let's all STOP.. OR maybe just a "this is great" or how you feel about the acquisition as this was what this thread was about. We'll ask for feedback and your input and wishlists at another time and in another thread.

It's been less than 2 weeks....let's give it some time shall we? We will be posting areas to post your wishes and reports of what needs fixed. This thread isn't the place for that as right now who would dig through all of this? lol Let's not go down this road any further. Let's all get along and realize we all want the same thing.

there is no sanctuary....
    Sounds like your average Lightwave thread. Always ends in 'sucks compared to blender and Houdini and anything else I can think of, nobody listens to me' lol.
    Bill Carey

I7 6700K 4.0 ghz
    Win10 Pro 64bit
    32gig Ram
    Nvidia GTX 980 4 gb 417.71
    LW 2019.0 x64
    Space Navigator

I'm a fairly new user but I've been visiting Renderosity's forums for the past week. Yes there are the usual complaints about updating the software. But I've also received an update to one of their latest Poser models. Content is the second biggest complaint but that can only be solved if more people use Poser and make content.
    System:

The new owner posted a forum thread with requests for updates, so feel free to add comments about LW 2018 compatibility for the PoserFusion plugin and other requests you may have.

https://www.renderosity.com/mod/foru...ead_id=2935477

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast