Thread: Control Surface

Control Surface

Can a Control Surface for a TC460 be used with a TC1?

Rep priced me a system with a TC1SP control surface and it seems to be not so hot. IE. Only 2 ME buttons not 4? etc.....
    Common Gear Used:
    TriCaster: Studio, 40, 460
    Time Warp TW42
    Cameras: Sony PXWX70
    Cable Solution:Coax HD_SDI & Component Video/Analog Audio Balun
    Teradek Cube 105
    Chevy City Express Van

The 460 CS will work with TC1, but you won't notice any difference from a TC1 SP, other than that many of the button labels will be incorrect with the older surface.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

I haven't done it but I believe you can remap the buttons in the software if you done use all the inputs etc? I have gotten used to holding shift and then hitting the ME keys if I need 3 or 4. I wish the DSK selection had 3 and 4 so I could more easily select the extra DSKs for a transition when needed.

If you are looking to save some money there are a couple options. You can look for a used one. I saw a couple on EBAY yesterday. You can always remap them in the software.

The other options is to build your own with something like X-Keys, a Novation pad or stream deck. Here are a couple I recently put together for my Tricaster and Replay machine. I went ahead and built out the macros for my high school football broadcast.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190618_205626.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	2.33 MB 
ID:	145249Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190618_205700.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	2.52 MB 
ID:	145250

If memory serves, the other two MEs are in the same position on the second bank, accessed by pressing ALT. But yes, you can remap the Switcher rows with the Add-On CS utility
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

Thanks for the information. I was not looking to save money. I was looking at options. If I keep my old control surface I can get 2 PTZ cameras with the new TC1 for the same money.

Thoughts?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SBowie View Post
    If memory serves, the other two MEs are in the same position on the second bank, accessed by pressing ALT. But yes, you can remap the Switcher rows with the Add-On CS utility
    Can I remap my TC460 Control Surface? Just want to make sure before I order.

Thanks
    Common Gear Used:
    TriCaster: Studio, 40, 460
    Time Warp TW42
    Cameras: Sony PXWX70
    Cable Solution:Coax HD_SDI & Component Video/Analog Audio Balun
    Teradek Cube 105
    Chevy City Express Van

Quote Originally Posted by TPUC View Post
    Thanks for the information. I was not looking to save money. I was looking at options. If I keep my old control surface I can get 2 PTZ cameras with the new TC1 for the same money.

Thoughts?

- - - Updated - - -

Can I remap my TC460 Control Surface? Just want to make sure before I order.

Thanks
    You can remap the PRV/PGM row buttons to some degree, the other buttons are set in their function. There are some companies selling new buttons caps which will let you relabel your control surface with the new button functions.
    Kane Peterson
    Key Accounts Sales Engineer
    NewTek, Inc.