Thread: Jxon,json camera data in to Lightwave or..

Jxon,json camera data in to Lightwave or..

Hi folks,

I am having a bit of a fun with google earth for exploring some areas of interes, non commercial at this moment.
    Once you have made your orbit or camera movement in Google earth studio, you can export to jxon and json data for camera motion.

I can only see After effects importing that, I would like to know if there may be a way of getting this camera data in to Lightwave 2015,2019? ...or in to Blender?
    Suggestions is welcomed.

If you can get it to AE you should be able to get it from there to both LW & Blender.

Quote Originally Posted by Ztreem View Post
    If you can get it to AE you should be able to get it from there to both LW & Blender.
    Thanks Mikael,
    Yes, but that means getting a license for after effects, I have worked with it before..and I actually prefer layering system VS fusion node system, it will be a cost matter since I just recently quit my job as an administrator
    and will try focus on what I have passion for.. more graphics by my own, so I may need to register my own company first ..then After effects and possibly Photoshop licenses.
    So that route I am aware of, to bad there isnīt a little magic Lightwave import plugin.

For this particular case, it is more of a showcase of matching google locations with 3D content, not in commercial purpose..since that is prohibited.

Ah ok, I thought you had access to AE. Json is a very common format maybe its possible to find a converter of some sort. If its very straight forward to load in AE and save as LW format I maybe can help you to do the conversion.

Quote Originally Posted by Ztreem View Post
    Ah ok, I thought you had access to AE. Json is a very common format maybe its possible to find a converter of some sort. If its very straight forward to load in AE and save as LW format I maybe can help you to do the conversion.
    Thank you for your suggestion of helping converting, but as it is only for personal showcase..I donīt think itīs propriate to ask you about conversion, and especially not since I just want to do it when I find the right location etc, and it may be several locations of interest.
    Iīd better look in to a Aftereffects license soon..unless someone just points out another solution.

Did you try google earth studio? my last saved project (which can be saved and shared with others) was the Devils tower in wyoming, have been hooked on that since I saw close encounters looks decent when I saved out the renders, compiled in davinci resolve, canīt publish it with the close encounter soundtrack though..I would need to find some other track for it.

This would be a good opportunity to learn scripting.
    My opinions and comments do not represent those of my employer.
    www.ernestpchan.com
    www.zazzle.com/gopuggo

Hereīs The Devils Tower in Wyoming, I made a little orbit view, put on the soundtrack to close encounters..but I canīt post that with that soundtrack due to Copyrights, will change when I find something majestic and similar though matching John Williams epic soundtrack is quite difficult.

Iīm posting the camera data (jsx )data for after effects for anyone to try who has it, and also the project file(esp)..so if you have an account to login for google earth, just load that in as a project file, I think all these files are free to share.
    Check attached zipfile.
    If you do not like my orbit view ..you can simply change altitude, radius etc as you want it to be, and change location nearby ..or locate where that Lightwaver Prometheus is hiding.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Google Earth studio Devils Tower Wyoming.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	209.3 KB 
ID:	145259
    Attached Files Attached Files